Tex-mex one-skillet pasta. And speaking of that cheese, the combination of classic ingredients to the cuisine like beef, beans, rice, spices, cheese, and salsa are a clear winner, solely because of the flavors. However, the textures also play a big role in making every bite delightfully different. Any recipe that comes together that quickly goes on my #weeknightdinner list.
Cheesy, creamy, and packed with shell noodles, ground beef, tomatoes, and Tex-Mex toppings, one-pot Skillet Taco Pasta is as dreamy as it is flavorful. This taco pasta couldn't be more DELISH, and it all comes together in just one skillet! It's oh-so cheesy, and you can control the amount of spice to fit your family's tastes. You can have Tex-mex one-skillet pasta using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Tex-mex one-skillet pasta
- You need 6 oz. of 2 links chicken sausage, thinly sliced any smoked flavor.
- You need 1 of medium white onion, diced.
- Prepare 1 of jalapeno, diced seeded + de-ribbed if looking for less heat.
- You need 1 of 10 oz. can diced tomatoes w/chiles i used ro-tel HOT with habanero – which gave a HUGE heat kick.
- You need 2 cups of chicken broth.
- It’s 8 oz. of orecchiette pasta.
- Prepare 2 cups of brussles sprouts, shredded or de-leaved.
- You need 1/2 cup of shredded mexican blend cheese.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of green scallions, sliced.
I found this recipe from The Cookie Rookie at some point last spring, while searching for recipes that featured queso. Cook pasta as directed on package, omitting salt. Add salsa, peppers and corn; stir. Chicken or vegetable broth is the staple to use because it gives the pasta a rich flavour and there isn't a need to oversalt your dish.
Tex-mex one-skillet pasta step by step
- Heat a skillet over medium heat + spray with non-stick cooking spray..
- Add the chicken sausage to the skillet + saute until browned. about 5 minutes.
- Add the onion + jalapeno to the skillet with the chicken sausage. continue to saute until the veggies have softened about 5 minutes..
- Add the ro-tel + chicken broth. stir to combine + using your spatula, break up any browned bits off of the bottom of the skillet..
- Add the uncooked pasta + brussels sprouts to the skillet, doing your best to submerge.
- Allow for the liquid to reach a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer + cover..
- Cook, covered, for 14 minutes, or until pasta is tender..
- Remove the lid, sprinkle the shredded cheese on top, replace the lid + let it sit for a few minutes, or until the cheese is melted..
- Add the scallions for garnish + serve! enjoy!.
I think I covered all my bases here with this winner winner one skillet chicken dinner. Mexican Chicken and Zucchini cooked in one skillet with black beans, corn, fresh herbs, taco seasoning and melted cheese on top. This Tex Mex chicken and zucchini is a variation of my black bean quinoa casserole with added chicken for a protein boost and quinoa replaced by zucchini.. Add the taco seasoning, enchilada sauce, water and rice. Add oil to skillet, and heat over medium-high heat.