Italian Tomato Bread.
You can have Italian Tomato Bread using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Italian Tomato Bread
- Prepare 1/4 oz of active dry yeast (1 standard packet).
- You need 1 tbsp of sugar.
- You need 1/4 cup of warm water (about 110 degrees fahrenheit).
- You need 1 cup of pizza sauce.
- It’s 1/4 cup of butter melted + more for brushing on top later..
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 of egg.
- It’s 1 tsp of basil paste.
- You need 3 cup of to 4 of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare of oil.
Italian Tomato Bread instructions
- In a large mixing bowl, dissolve the yeast & sugar in the warm water. Let stand 5 minutes..
- Add in the pizza sauce, 1/4 cup melted butter, egg, salt, & basil paste. Stir together. Then add 2 to 3 cups of flour sifted, stirring until smooth. Add more flour as needed until it forms a firm dough..
- Turn dough out onto a floured surface & knead until elastic. About 6 minutes. Place in oiled bowl – turn the dough once to oil top. Cover with a damp towel & set in a warm place to rise for about 1 1/2 hours..
- Punch dough down. Reshape & transfer into an oiled loaf pan. Cover again with same towel & allow to rise for 30 more minutes..
- Bake at 400°F fahrenheit for 20 – 30 minutes or until golden brown – turning the pan half way through the cooking process. Place loaf on a wire rack to cool & brush with some melted butter..