Garlic chicken and rice. Be mindful to add the garlic just before combining the chicken broth and rice in the hot skillet. For this particular creamy garlic chicken and rice recipe, be sure to use long-grain rice. Garlic Butter Chicken and Rice makes a wonderful freezer or make-ahead meal.
The rice absorbs the chicken juices as it cooks, adding loads of flavour. Long grain rice is the best rice to use and cooks evenly. Basmati rice or Jasmine rice can be substituted with the same liquid ratio and cooking time. You can cook Garlic chicken and rice using 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Garlic chicken and rice
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 cup of sweet onions, chopped.
- It’s 10 cloves of or 1 bulb of garlic.
- You need 1 pound of chicken, cut into 1 inch pieces.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cups of fat free chicken broth.
- You need 1 cup of sliced mushrooms. I like to use baby bellas.
- You need 1 cup of rice.
- It’s of Salt.
- Prepare of Pepper.
- Prepare of Garlic powder.
Please do not use short grain rice, medium grain rice, risotto, paella or minute rice. One Pan Honey Garlic Chicken and Rice is so amazingly tasty that I guarantee you it will become one of your go-to dinners. This meal is so easy to make, budget-friendly, easy to find ingredients and bursting with flavors. The chicken is incredibly tender and served with the most delicious, sticky, honey garlic sauce.
Garlic chicken and rice step by step
- Season chicken with salt, pepper and garlic powder..
- Put 1 tbsp olive oil in skillet over med-high heat. Add.chicken..
- Cook until browned on both sides. About 8 min per side.
- Remove chicken and keep warm. Deglaze pan with water if necessary and wipe the pan.
- Add the other tbsp of olive oil. Cook onions and mushrooms.
- Add garlic and sauté for about 1-2 min.
- Add rice and broth. Stir well..
- Bring to a boil and then put heat on low. Cover and simmer about 20 min..
- When rice is done, turn off heat and leave covered for another 5-10 minutes..
- Serve and enjoy!.
Heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in the same skillet over medium-high heat. Add the rice; cook and stir to heat through. The flavor is truly memorable and yet this recipe calls for simple ingredients. The secret is in using an entire head of garlic. Chicken with Garlic Parmesan Rice is the perfect dish for easy weeknight dinners.