Keto Chicken Cordon Bleu with Dijon Cream. Tasty Chicken Cordon Bleu is a keto, low carb, grain free, gluten free entrée that is easy to make and can also be frozen as part of your prep ahead meal planning. This keto chicken recipe is an oven baked version that can also be pan fried. Serve with a delicious Dijon cream sauce flavoured with parmesan cheese and a mixed green salad for a perfect, nutrient dense, complete meal.
There is just something so comforting and classic about oozy, melty cheese, thinly sliced ham and crispy breaded chicken. Top it all off with a rich and creamy sauce, and you have a keto chicken recipe made in heaven. Tasty Chicken Cordon Bleu is a keto, low carb, grain free, gluten free entrée that is easy to make and can also be frozen as part of your prep ahead meal planning. You can have Keto Chicken Cordon Bleu with Dijon Cream using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Keto Chicken Cordon Bleu with Dijon Cream
- You need 1/2 cup of almond flour.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of psyllium husk.
- You need 1/4 cup of finely grated parmesan.
- It’s of Salt/pepper/spices of choice.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- Prepare 4 T of heavy cream divided in half.
- Prepare 2-4 of boneless, skinless chicken breasts, butterflied and pounded.
- Prepare of Shredded cheese of choice.
- You need of Pork product of choice (ham, bacon, etc).
- You need 2 T of coarse Dijon mustard.
- Prepare of Olive oil.
Chicken Cordon Bleu is one of my favorite things when we eat out, but I can still enjoy it at home too! This Chicken Cordon Bleu really is a super simple recipe and can be on the table in less than an hour, and that's including prep time! The key to restaurant-quality Chicken Cordon Blue is the ingredients. This Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole recipe brings together the savory flavors of chicken, sliced ham, and Swiss cheese over a bed of cauliflower.
Keto Chicken Cordon Bleu with Dijon Cream instructions
- Combine first four ingredients in a shallow dish. Beat egg with 2 T of heavy cream in another shallow dish..
- Pretty heat oven to 400.
- Lay butterflied chicken out horizontally, and sprinkle some cheese and pork down the entire center forming a thin layer over most of the chicken, leaving the edges clear.
- Roll the chicken down from top to bottom forming a long tube, use toothpicks to secure the ends closed, the tuck the two open ends closed and do the same. at this point it will look like a flesh burrito.
- Dredge your chicken burrito in egg mix and roll in breading.
- Heat a generous amount of olive oil in a frying pan on medium/medium high heat, and brown all sides. when done, transfer to an aluminum foil lined baking pan and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Wisk Dijon and remaining heavy cream together while waiting.
- Remove chicken from oven and let rest five minutes, remove toothpicks, slice, and dress with Dijon cream.
The sauce! 😋 It's creamy with a kick from the Dijon mustard and really binds all the elements of this simple meal together. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Remove the stems from mushroom caps and slice a thin layer off of the top of the mushroom cap to allow it to sit flat. Try Sheet Pan Chicken, Potatoes and Green Beans, Mango Salsa Chicken, and Lemon Chicken in Dill Cream Sauce. I've taken the classic chicken cordon bleu recipe and reformatted it to be keto friendly and easy to prepare.