Cajun jambalaya sausage /chicken. This recipe starts off with the holy trinity of Cajun cuisine: onions, bell peppers, and celery. Throw in your favorite long grain rice and diced tomatoes, add in Johnsonville's Cajun Style Chicken Sausage, and you've got yourself an authentic Cajun dish that's sure to please. For this Chicken and Sausage Jambalaya, a smoked pork sausage, like the Louisiana classic Andouille sausage, will give you the most authentic flavor in your jambalaya.
This easy one-pot meal is gluten-free and makes a healthier Cajun dinner or Mardi Gras recipe. Though Cajun and Creole dishes rank as some of my favorites foods, I don't wait for return trips to New Orleans to enjoy them. Some of my most practiced recipes are Big Easy classics such as my Red Beans and Rice, and Gumbo recipes. You can cook Cajun jambalaya sausage /chicken using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cajun jambalaya sausage /chicken
- Prepare 1 lb of Pork sausage -sliced.
- It’s 3 lbs of chicken breast -chopped.
- It’s 4 of onions -chopped.
- It’s 1 of bellpepper -chopped.
- You need 2 stalks of celery -chopped.
- It’s 1 pack of green onions chopped.
- You need 2 Tbs of Cajun seasoning.
- It’s 1/2 Tbs of cayenne pepper.
- You need 1 tbs of garlic powder.
- You need of Couple dashes hot sauce.
- It’s of Couple dashes Worcestershire sauce.
- You need 6 cups of water I used half broth /water.
- You need 3 cups of rice / I used zatarains rice not box rice or u can use regular long grain rice !.
I spent an equal amount of time perfecting this Chicken and Sausage Jambalaya recipe. This recipe calls for budget-friendly chicken thighs as well as smoked sausage, two ingredients necessary to impart deep flavor to the dish. Toast the rice for just a few short minutes along with the sautéed onions, peppers, and seasonings, and then add the chicken broth, tomatoes, browned chicken and sausage. If Manda's brand sausage is not available, any lean smoked sausage can be substituted.
Cajun jambalaya sausage /chicken instructions
- Also season chicken with Cajun seasoning before cooking once that brown sausage an chicken together.
- Then add veggies an cook down till tender or till a lot water cooked out bout half way you can add seasons or wait till u put you water in!.
- Once veggies an meat cook down good add rice an stir constantly till the rice kinda expands, possibly 3-5 mins then add water or broth or like I do half an half then stir good let come to a hard boil.
- Once at a hard boil drop your fire to a simmer an let cook for about 20 mins, then cut your fire off, your pot should have liquid on the top just stir good don’t scratch the bottom of the pot this is called rolling your rice once that put lid back on an let soak up stem for about 15 mins then should be done !.
You may have to remove any excess grease from the pot after frying down an unknown sausage. For a richer jambalaya substitute turkey stock for the chicken stock called for above. If no stocks are available, then chicken soup base can be used. Return chicken and sausage to skillet. Add rice and stock; bring to boil.