Horchata (Mexican rice drink) Dairy free,Vegan. Mexican Inspired Horchata Recipe [Dairy Free & Vegan] – I know this is not a traditional recipe, but it suits my need to omit the dairy (most traditional. This Horchata Mexican drink recipe is a a slightly creamy, non-alcoholic agua fresca flavor made with cinnamon and rice and is perfectly refreshing. While authentic horchata recipe does not have milk in it and is dairy-free, it's really common to add a little milk just to make the drink a bit creamier.
I've found so many Mexican horchata recipes online and most of them are not vegan because they include some dairy product like milk, condense. Dairy-Free Mexican Horchata that's Cool, Creamy, and Easy. This horchata recipe is one that I adapted from Gale Gand. You can have Horchata (Mexican rice drink) Dairy free,Vegan using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Horchata (Mexican rice drink) Dairy free,Vegan
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of Uncooked long grain white rice.
- You need 4 cup of Water.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Vietnamese Cinnamon (Ideally use Mexican cinnamon but this was all i had at home and worked just fine).
- It’s 1 tsp of Vanilla Bean Paste (or you can use Mexican vanilla).
- It’s 1/2 cup of White Granulated sugar.
- It’s 1 can of Evaporated milk(optional, ommit for vegan /dairy free version, i promise you wont miss it!!!).
Traditional Mexican horchata is often made with just rice, but in some Central American countries almonds or other nuts are added for a richer, creamier finish. Horchata is one of Mexico's most common agua frescas and this easy-to-make recipe is perfect if you're new to this rice-flavored drink. Patrick returns to Mexico at least three times per week (in his kitchen). Horchata is a refreshing drink enjoyed throughout Latin America.
Horchata (Mexican rice drink) Dairy free,Vegan instructions
- soak rice in water and cinnamon overnight..
- the next day pour the rice and soaking water into the blender. I use a Vitamix blender because it pulverizes the rice very well. blend away then add vanilla, sugar and evaporated milk if you're using it and blend again..
- You can strain it through a cheese cloth if you would like but I prefer the slightly thicker consistency from keeping all the rice in the drink. Now let chill in the fridge. Serve over ice with your favorite Mexican dish!!! enjoy!.
Horchata is a refreshing drink enjoyed throughout Latin America. In Mexico, horchata is one of the most popular flavors of the famous aguas frescas, which are cold juices traditionally prepared in large glass jugs served over ice. Try this vegan Horchata – it's a Sweet Mexican Rice Milk. There are also alcoholic versions of the drink. I liked mine pretty simple with basmati rice, cinnamon & rice syrup.