Japanese Vegan → Kinpira Gobo / Burdock salad. Great recipe for Japanese Vegan → Kinpira Gobo / Burdock salad. Stay home then let's cooking at your kitchen guys ! I will share you my pro Japanese recipe for this opportunity.
Gobo Salad (ごぼうサラダ) is Japanese burdock salad that's made with julienned burdock root and carrot blanched until crisp-tender and coated with Japanese mayonnaise base dressing. Burdock is a root that when shaved has a pleasantly crunchy texture with a sweet flavor and floral scent. See great recipes for Japanese Vegan → Kinpira Gobo / Burdock salad too! You can cook Japanese Vegan → Kinpira Gobo / Burdock salad using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Japanese Vegan → Kinpira Gobo / Burdock salad
- It’s 1 of Burdock.
- It’s 50 g of Carrot.
- Prepare 1 of Red chili pepper.
- You need of (Seasonings).
- It’s 1 Tbs of Sugar.
- You need 1 Tbs of Sweet sake.
- You need 1 Tbs of Cooking sake.
- You need 1.5 Tbs of Soy sauce.
- It’s 1 Tsp of Sesame oil.
- You need of Some white sesame.
Kinpira means 'to sauté and simmer', so into the hissing burdock and carrot we threw splashes of soy, sake, mirin, and the mouth-watering dashi stock, following up with a sprinkling of raw sugar and a handful of chopped red chilli. And that was literally all that was needed to turn a few simple ingredients into this luscious Japanese Burdock and Carrot Stir Fry. Gobo (burdock, in English) is a root vegetable with a sweet, mild flavour that can be substituted for or used alongside carrots and turnips. This salad involves combining lightly boiled burdock and carrot slices with a savoury sauce of soy sauce, mayonnaise, and sesame oil.
Japanese Vegan → Kinpira Gobo / Burdock salad instructions
- Wash a burdock and the carrot by running water and brush. The ratio of burdock and carrot is 3 to 1 would be better..
- Cut to shredding a burdock and the carrot, Slice a red chili pepper without seeds. I will show you how to cut burdock for difference of texture on my cooking video..
- Soak the burdock into water in the bowl for 5 min (to remove the scum) then drain it later..
- Pour some canola oil in a pan, add red chili pepper with low heat till spicy comes out. Change to highest heat and add burdock and carrot..
- When the burdock cooks add seasonings except sesame oil, keep heating till the sauce is getting low. When the sauce is low pour sesame oil on top and wait 5 seconds then turn off heat. Put some sesame seeds and done..
- You can watch this cooking video → 「Coozy Life burdock」on my YouTube channel ! Have a nice your cooking time guys..
Kinpira Gobo is a traditional Japanese dish often enjoyed at home and you might be familiar with it since it's typically served in bento box from Japanese markets. It's really easy to cook if you have all the ingredients (and these are very common ingredients for Japanese household). Gobo is known as burdock root in English. It is a fibrous vegetable seldom used in North America and Australia, but you can find it at most Asian groceries. This salad is popular way to eat gobo.