Chinese Homestyle Pork Belly. Remove the pork from the water using a slotted spoon and drain on a plate lined with a paper towel. Discard the remaining water and vegetables. Recipe: How to Make Chinese Home-Style Red Braised Pork Belly (红烧肉) Hey, so we wanted to show you guys how to make a classic homestyle dish – hongshaorou or "Red Braised Pork Belly".
And this is how they make it. (It's easy!)Chinese Crispy Pork Belly recipe. In my humble opinion, the Chinese are the undisputed king of two things: crispy duck and crispy pork belly. Wrap the pork in a lightly greased aluminum foil. You can have Chinese Homestyle Pork Belly using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chinese Homestyle Pork Belly
- Prepare 3/4 pound of pork belly cut into thin slices.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of oyster sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of light soy sauce.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of dark soy sauce.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of onion powder.
- You need 1/8 tsp of white pepper powder.
- It’s 2 stalks of green onion cut into 1 inch sections.
Not only is this dish simple to make, but this Chinese homestyle pork belly is also tender, flavorful and tasty, too! The way to get tender pork belly, even the skin of the belly, is to foil wrap it first. To cut the pork belly into thin slices, it is easier when the pork is semi-frozen. Combine hoisin sauce, soy sauce, wine, honey, sugar, garlic, colouring (if using) and spice powder in a shallow bowl.
Chinese Homestyle Pork Belly instructions
- Marinate the pork belly slices with all the ingredients, except green onion, for at least one hour..
- Wrap the pork in a lightly greased aluminum foil. Air fry at 400F (200C) for 8 minutes..
- Unwrap the foil, stir the pork slices and air fry at 380F (190C) for about 4 minutes until the meat is cooked through..
- Add in the green onion and air fry again at 380F (190C) for 1-2 minute..
Pour half of the sauce into a jug and reserve for later. Wash the pork belly and cut it into slices. Shaorou in Mandarin, Thit Heo Quay in Vietnamese) is a classic Cantonese dish that's made its way throughout Asia. It's a Chacaanteng roast meat staple. Chinese pork belly dishes are some of the most favored ad authentic dishes found their way from China to western countries.