Ribbon Potatoes. Try Out A Classic Tonight With Easy Potatoes Au Gratin. A mandoline slicer is the best tool to achieve thin, uniform slices. The longer the slices of the potato, the more ribbon-like the final result will be.
Nestling the thinly sliced potatoes up against one another. Drain potatoes; place on paper towels and pat dry. In a small bowl, combine the chili powder, garlic salt, cayenne and remaining salt; set aside. You can cook Ribbon Potatoes using 3 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Ribbon Potatoes
- Prepare 1 pound of potato large one.
- Prepare As needed of oil to fry in.
- You need As needed of seasoned salt.
A potato actually goes a long way. Built mostly from Stainless Steel this cutter will provide years of quality service. Designed for fair booths and home use, plus being designed and manufactured in. Whisk in flour, mustard, salt and black pepper until smooth.
Ribbon Potatoes step by step
- Wash and peel the potato. Use a vegetable peeler to shave the potatoes lengthwise. Heat the oil..
- Drain and rinse again and set on paper towels to dry just a bit more..
- Fry the potatoes. When you first put them into the hot oil give a quick stir with a meat fork or cooking chopsticks this will allow the potato ribbons not to stick to one another, turn as needed. Cooking times may vary due to the thickness cut..
- Add seasoned salt to the bottom of the paper towel.
- When done move to a paper towel to absorb excessive amounts of oil..
- Season each batch with the seasoned salt..
- Serve I hope you enjoy!.
Place potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Place in a large bowl; add eggs, celery and onions. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour over potato mixture and toss to coat. Drain well and pat dry well with paper towels.