Strawberry Pretzel Salad. In medium bowl, mix Crust ingredients. There are so many versions of this dish served here in the south that I have no idea who invented it first, but oh my goodness am I ever so thankful! It's one of those dishes that goes with so many meals and works easily on the side – because, you know, it does have "salad" in its name – or as a dessert.
Cream butter or margarine with the brown sugar. How to make strawberry jello pretzel salad with fresh strawberries. Pretzel Crust – Start with the bottom layer which is a crushed pretzel crust. You can have Strawberry Pretzel Salad using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Strawberry Pretzel Salad
- It’s 2 of and 1/2 cups crushed pretzels.
- It’s 4 Tbsp of light brown sugar.
- It’s 1 stick of butter.
- You need 2 (8 oz) of packages cream cheese (room temperature).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of white sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 2 packages of dream whip (one box).
- You need of Milk and vanilla.
- It’s 2 (16 oz) of packages fresh strawberries cut into 1/4 inch slices.
- It’s 1/4 cup of white sugar.
- Prepare 1 box of strawberry Danish Dessert (4 and 3/4 oz box).
- Prepare 1 of 13×9 glass pan.
The pretzel crust is super quick and easy to make and it contrasts beautifully with the middle and top layer, which are both pretty sweet. This Strawberry Pretzel Salad is obviously not a salad, but as long as I have known about this dessert, it's always been called a salad. It's kind of like my Pineapple Walnut Salad. But I'm totally fine calling it one.
Strawberry Pretzel Salad instructions
- Crush the pretzels fine add brown sugar and butter. Mix and spread on the bottom of the 9×13 pan and bake in a 350 degree oven for 10 minutes and let cool.
- Use a hand mixer and beat together the cream cheese, 1/2 cup white sugar and 1 tsp vanilla together.
- Make the dream whip with the milk according to the directions on box then fold into the cream cheese mixture.
- Spread the mixture on top of pretzel crust making sure you spread it all the way to the edges of the pan and chill in fridge for 2 hours.
- Cut the strawberries and add 1/4 cup of sugar on top give them a stir to mix and place in fridge.
- Make the Danish Dessert glaze according to the directions on box let cool for about 5 minutes then add the strawberries and set aside. This stuff sets up while it's HOT !! Jello could never do that.
- When the cream cheese part is chilled take out of fridge and add the strawberry mixture on top of the cream cheese layer.
- Put back in fridge to chill a few hours or overnight if you wish 😋 ENJOY !!!!!.
I'm happy to add this salad to my menu any day. This old-fashioned Strawberry Pretzel Salad consists of a salty pretzel crust topped with a creamy and sweet cream cheese layer and a strawberry jello topping filled with fresh strawberries. It's the perfect dessert to satisfy your salty-sweet cravings and take advantage of in-season strawberries. This is far from your typical salad. I especially loved the layers in this dessert.