Chicken lo mein. Find Deals on Chicken Lo Mein in Groceries on Amazon. Heat the remaining vegetable oil in the wok or pan over high heat. However, chow mein noodles are fried and tend to be crunchier than lo mein noodles.
A SIMPLE LO MEIN SAUCE Most lo mein sauces are very simple, with a soy sauce base. Some involve adding sugar or honey. Chicken Lo Mein is a take out classic! You can cook Chicken lo mein using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken lo mein
- You need 3-4 of chicken breast cut in cubes or bites size.
- It’s of Spaghetti noodles (cooked).
- You need 1-2 bag of frozen veggies of choice, I use the Stirfry one.
- Prepare 1 of small bag of frozen broccoli (optional) I had extra because I like the broccoli.
- You need Half of bag of frozen snap peas optional or any other frozen veggies you like.
- Prepare 1 cup of or 1/2 cup of chicken stock / or beef stock for beef this is optional if you have it, if you don’t it’s fine.
- It’s of soy sauce.
- You need of Oyster sauce.
- Prepare of Olive oil.
- Prepare of Teriyaki sauce or Asian sauce optional.
My recipe is quick, easy, and oh so delicious. Forget ordering in, whip this up at home instead! It's always such a treat whenever I get to go to an Asian market in my city. Remove from the wok and set aside.
Chicken lo mein instructions
- Heat up pan with a splash of olive oil? When oil is hot cook the meat, and some soy sauce And chicken stock.when meat is done remove from pan, and leave the juices from the meat in the pan… when cooking the meat also start the spaghetti noodles in a different pot..
- Set meat aside let rest.add all frozen veggies, some more soy sauce, cook veggies till done, mix Occasionally,.
- When noodles are done, remove from heat, and let sit in the pot of water till veggies are done. They should get done about the same time..
- Drain water from the noodles and add to veggies, and a splash of Olive oil and Oyster sauce and more soy sauce if you like, can add any Asia sauce or teriyaki sauce at this time. Mix well then add the meat, mix well again. Remove from heat and it’s done..
- Notes-Cook everything on high heat in frying pan or wok. I didn’t give measurements cook to taste. The oysters sauce is what gives the noodles that brown look so don’t be scared to use a lot of it. I use spaghetti noodles because it’s cheaper than the lo mein and I can never find them kind of noodles in the first place, plus I make a lot, sometimes I will use two bags of stir fry veggies, just depends on how much I want to make and how hungry everyone is..
Cook noodles according to package instructions. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Chicken Lo Mein is a favorite around here, and this easy homemade version is even better than takeout! Fresh egg noodles, delicious hoisin grilled chicken and tons of tender, crisp veggies tossed in a delicious homemade lo mein sauce! With a super-short ingredient list, and an even faster method of preparation, this Easy Chicken Lo Mein is guaranteed to become a staple on your busy weeknight menu.