Martabak Keju (Indonesian Cheese Thick Pancake). Great recipe for Martabak Keju (Indonesian Cheese Thick Pancake). You can find the sellers in many places in my country, Indonesia! Some call it martabak manis, some call it terang bulan.
After much contemplation, I settled on Martabak Manis (Coklat Keju), loosely translated to Sweet Indonesian Thick Pancake (Chocolate & Cheese). It is also known as Terang Bulan amongst the locals. Martabak Manis is a common street food that can be easily found in the streets of Indonesia. You can have Martabak Keju (Indonesian Cheese Thick Pancake) using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Martabak Keju (Indonesian Cheese Thick Pancake)
- Prepare 150 ml of AP flour.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of yeast.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 4 tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1 of big egg (or 2 small ones).
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt.
- Prepare 100 ml of water.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1/2 tsp of oil (for the pan).
- You need 2 tsp of sugar (for filling).
- It’s 4 tbsp of condensed milk (for filling).
- It’s 60 gr of mild cheddar cheese (for filling).
- You need 2 tsp of butter (for filling).
Martabak Manis is one kind of pancake for Indonesian people. Usually it is made with iron pan, and it is very greasy and fatty (but it tastes nyummy!) There are many recipes to make martabak, from. Indonesian Folded Chocolate Pancake (Martabak Manis Lipat) This is a very popular sweet treat and common street food that can be easily found in the streets of Indonesia. Lately, the increase in modern bakeries gave rise to a variety of fusion flavours, like what I did this time, making it with chocolate flavor and in a mini version.
Martabak Keju (Indonesian Cheese Thick Pancake) instructions
- Combine all except the ingredients for filling. Mix well. Set aside for 15-20 minutes..
- Coat the cast iron with oil. (I wet a tissue paper with oil and coat the cast iron pan) Heat the pan. Use the lowest setting..
- Carefully pour the batter and swirl the pan a bit. When it's bubbly and half-cooked, pour 1 tsp sugar on it. Cover the pan (I used aluminum foil) and wait..
- When the pancake is done (the batter has dried and the color has changed), carefully remove it from the pan..
- Slather 1 tsp butter to the pancake. Drizzle about 2 tbsp condensed milk and 30 gr grated cheese..
- Cut according to your preference. Enjoy!.
In a bowl, whisk together plain flour, baking powder and salt. Martabak Manis is an Indonesian favourite stuffed pancake that is distinct from Apam Balik and Ban Jian Kuih. The thick pillowy texture pancake is traditionally made with chocolate sprinkles, keju. This one here is a sweet martabak. During assembly, it looks a bit like a.