Asian Sweet Potato Mousse. I've been on vacation since Thursday and it feels so nice to get away from the cold even if it's just for a couple of weeks. I'm really enjoying the warmer weather and the change of scenery here in California. Repeat cake, syrup and mousse layers and top with whipped cream.
Roasted Teriyaki-Glazed Sweet Potatoes Super easy oven-roasted teriyaki-glazed sweet potatoes that hit the perfect balance between savory and sweet. Serve with other Asian-inspired ingredients to make a meal. This Sweet Potato Mousse is silky smooth and lightly sweetened. You can have Asian Sweet Potato Mousse using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Asian Sweet Potato Mousse
- It’s 1 of net weight about 150 grams Asian sweet potato.
- You need 5 grams of Gelatin.
- You need 100 ml of Milk.
- You need 4 tbsp of Sugar.
- It’s 100 ml of Heavy cream (either dairy or non dairy).
- You need 1 of Syrup of your preference (brown sugar syrup, maple syrup, etc.).
It's made with just five good-for-you ingredients and topped with your favorite granola and perfectly torched meringue, making it an easy and healthy dessert recipe. Disclaimer: This post is made in partnership with Bernzomatic. Go for thinner, uniform sweet potatoes. Although you may be tempted to pick the more meatier potato, thinner sweet potatoes will cook evenly all the way through to the center.
Asian Sweet Potato Mousse instructions
- Peel the sweet potatoes, cut into small pieces, and soak in water. Soak the gelatin in about 3 tablespoon of water and microwave for 20 seconds at 600W to melt..
- Drain the potatoes and place in a microwave safe bowl. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and microwave until soft. (For 2 cm cubed potatoes, it was about 4~5 minutes at 600W.).
- When the potatoes are soft, mash with a potato masher, when they are still hot. If you like it smoother, mash thoroughly..
- Add milk to the mashed potato and mix with a whisk. Add sugar and heavy cream and combine well. When smooth, pour into the ramekins and chill in the refrigerator..
- When set, enjoy as is, with syrup or whipped cream..
With fatter sweet potatoes, the outsides will be done before the centers have been fully cooked. Remove the skin from the baked sweet potatoes and place in a medium bowl. Using a hand held blender, cream the potatoes and add the powdered sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, vanilla extract , and nutmeg and blend together. Use a rubber spatula and fold in the Cool Whip into sweet potato mixture until smooth and there are no streaks. How to make Chinese Sweet Potato Pancakes Hi everyone, hope you enjoy this simple appetizer, which also can be breakfast or a snack.