Sukka Chicken. Chicken Sukka Recipe, Learn how to make Chicken Sukka (absolutely delicious recipe of Chicken Sukka ingredients and cooking method) A Mangalorean special chicken recipe, made using fresh chicken, host of masalas and grated fresh coconut cooked to perfection. it is a dry dish that can make any dinner party menu look exotic. This Chicken Sukka recipe is Excellent and find more Great recipes. Kori Sukka (Chicken Sukka) or Dry Chicken Curry in Mangalore style is one such specialty.
Mangalorean Chicken Sukka or Kori Sukka is a dry Konkani chicken dish made using fresh chicken, masalas, grated fresh coconut and it is generously tempered using ghee as well as onions. Want to know the best recipe to make it? Here is how to make it. You can have Sukka Chicken using 19 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sukka Chicken
- You need 1 kg of chicken.
- Prepare 2 cups of grated coconut.
- You need 1 tablespoon of garam masala.
- You need 2 tablespoon of Malvani masala/chicken masala.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of red chilli powder.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of asafoetida/hing.
- It’s Handful of coriander leaves.
- It’s 1 of tomato finely chopped.
- It’s 2 of onions roughly chopped.
- Prepare 1 inch of ginger.
- It’s 2/3 of garlic cloves.
- You need 2 of bay leaves.
- You need 2 tablespoons of yogurt.
- You need of Oil as required.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of cumin.
- Prepare of Chicken marination.
- It’s 2 tablespoon of yogurt.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
Chicken Sukka from coastal, western India combines elements and ingredients of both the Malabari and Goan styles of cooking. Though it is a dry dish with very little gravy, Chicken Sukka tastes really nice served with just plain boiled rice. Kolhapuri chicken sukka recipe with step by step photos and a video recipe. In this recipe post, I am sharing how to make Kolhapuri Chicken Sukka.
Sukka Chicken step by step
- Dry roast coconut keep aside. Heat 1 teaspoon oil add onions, ginger and garlic. Fry until light brown add garam masala fry and add little coriander fry for less than a minute. Off the stove and let it cool down.
- Marinate chicken with yogurt and salt. Keep aside.
- Add the roasted coconut and onion mix to the blender and grind well a bit of a water if required.
- Heat 1 1/2 teaspoon oil add asafoetida/hing, bay leaves, cumin seeds and curry leaves. Add the coconut onion mix and let it cook. Then add salt as required with red chilli powder, turmeric and malvani masala. Cool well..
- Finally add the marinated chicken, tomato, mix well. Add little water and let it cook. If cooking in pressure cooker 1 whistle should be enough. Serve with chapati or as a starter..
It also includes how to make the Kolhapuri masala at home. You will get the same Kolhapuri flavor with this homemade Kolhapuri masala. Malwani Chicken Sukka Recipe – About Malwani Chicken Sukka Recipe: Malwani cuisine comes from the Konkan region of Maharashtra and Goa, where coconut is one of the most used ingredient. Here is an authentic Malwani recipe, a masaledar chicken recipe with a dense paste and bursting with coconut-y flavors. The malwani masala is quite unique and distinct in the flavour.