Leftover Steak with Onions. These steak-filled pita sandwiches are stuffed with bright flavors including Greek seasoning, lemon juice, red onion, and feta cheese. These open-faced steak sandwiches play up the popular combo of steak and garlic bread. The salsa, sour cream and garnish elevate it into quick, satisfying meal.
Start with our crowd-pleasing Seared Flank Steak one night, and be set for the rest of the week. Pat the steaks dry with a paper towel. Then, season the steaks with garlic salt and pepper. You can cook Leftover Steak with Onions using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Leftover Steak with Onions
- You need of Steak.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin.
- It’s To taste of salt.
- It’s 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- It’s 1-1/2 pound of leftover steak.
- You need of Onions.
- It’s 1 of large onion.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of pink Himalayan salt.
- You need of Tortillas and such.
- You need 6 of medium size flour tortillas.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of black ripened olives sliced.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sour cream.
- It’s 1/4 cup of peanut oil to fry the tortillas.
- You need To taste of chili garlic sauce the one with the rooster on it.
Picked out solely because I had some leftover flank steak in the fridge, this recipe from Grace Young's The Breath of a Wok turned out to be one of those great finds I can't wait to make again. (Actually, I've already made it twice in the past three days.) Though there is no spice, the pepper-laden sauce is a gusty pairing for the finely sliced beef. Balanced by the slightly sweet onions and. Meat lovers will LOVE this quick weeknight steak dish! Mushrooms and onions are the perfect compliment to steak, plus they add bulk without added calories or fat.
Leftover Steak with Onions step by step
- Stack the steak then slice into 1/4 inch strips. Heat the oil..
- Fry the steak in the oil with a little salt and the ground cumin. Heat the peanut oil to fry the tortillas then fry about 20-30 seconds per side. Move to a paper towel to absorb excessive amounts of oil..
- Heat the peanut oil and slice the onions. Add the onion to the hot oil. After 3 minutes add in the sugar and then the salt. Stirfry the onions for about 15 minutes..
- Build the tortillas with sour cream, then olives, onion, and sliced steak..
- Almost done now add the chili garlic sauce. Serve I hope you enjoy!!!.
A great example of using steak as a condiment. Originally when I made this steak dish, it was intended for my steak sandwich recipe, but since this is […] Leftover Steak Recipes: Steak and Horseradish Crostini: Slice a small baguette and place on a baking sheet. Melt ¼ cup butter with a finely minced garlic clove and drizzle over bread. Some of the best things in the world are leftovers, am I right? It's like a free meal without any work.