Roasted Brussels Sprouts. Brussels sprouts are simply seasoned with salt, pepper, and olive oil, then slow-roasted in a very hot oven until darkest brown. They are the perfect combination of sweet and salty, and make for perfect snack leftovers straight from the fridge the next day! Try Ina Garten's classic Roasted Brussels Sprouts recipe from Barefoot Contessa on Food Network.
The larger, the more they will taste like cabbage. Olive oil: Or your preferred cooking oil. Roasted Brussels sprouts are wonderfully versatile! You can have Roasted Brussels Sprouts using 4 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- It’s 1 pound of fresh brussels sprouts (when shopping, try to pick ones that are all similar in size).
- You need 1 sheet of pan.
- You need of Olive oil.
- It’s of Salt, pepper, garlic powder, red pepper flakes.
Here are just a few ideas of how you can change up the recipe: Add nuts: Toast some pine nuts, roughly chopped walnuts, or slivered almonds on the side and toss them with the roasted sprouts to serve. Sprinkle with flaky sea salt, if desired, and serve immediately. Toss Brussels sprouts with olive oil, garlic powder, black pepper, and salt. Trim bottom of brussels sprouts, and slice each in half top to bottom.
Roasted Brussels Sprouts instructions
- Wash and dry your brussels sprouts then cut each one in half..
- Drizzle enough olive oil all over your sheet pan to cover it well. Then start dipping the cut side of each brussels sprout in the olive oil and coat them well. Leave each sprout cut side down and add more oil as you need it to keep each sprout cut side coated in oil..
- When you are done arranging all of your sprouts,, preheat the oven to 450°. Season your sprouts with the salt, pepper, Garlic powder, and pepper flakes. Sometimes I drizzle a little of the olive oil over the top of them too for good measure. Bake for around 30 minutes,,unless they are really small sprouts then you might cut back on the time..
Heat oil in cast-iron pan over medium-high heat until it shimmers; put sprouts cut side down in one layer in pan. Put in garlic, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook, undisturbed, until sprouts begin to brown on bottom, and transfer to oven. Then, place the pan back in the oven to finish baking. Yummy, golden cheese will be waiting for you at the end.