One Pot Chicken with Sausage and Potatoes. Delicious sausages made with premium ingredients. Add Life To Your Party with Hassle-free One Pot Dinner Mixes From Kraft®! Notes to make this Easy One Pan Roasated Chicken, Sausage and Potato Dinner!
Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to low. Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. While sausages are cooking, pierce them lightly here and there with the tip of a sharp knife so some fats and juices are released. You can have One Pot Chicken with Sausage and Potatoes using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of One Pot Chicken with Sausage and Potatoes
- You need 2 tsp of extra-virgin olve oil.
- It’s 1/2 lb of sweet Italian sausage, casings removed, broken into 3/4 inch pieces.
- Prepare 2 of bone-in chicken breast halves, skin removed, halved.
- Prepare 1 of coarse salt and ground pepper.
- It’s 1 medium of yellow onion, diced.
- You need 1 lb of waxy potatoes, halved or quartered if large.
- It’s 3 of stalks celery, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces plus leaves for garnish.
- It’s 2 tbsp of red wine vinegar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of fresh oregano leaves.
An easy one pot dinner of smoked sausage, tender cabbage, red potatoes, and carrots. This One Pot Sausage, Cabbage, and Potatoes dinner has got to be one of the ugliest dishes I've ever had the challenge of photographing, but please do not let looks deceive you — this meal is INSANELY good. Sausage and potatoes skillet variation ideas. I mentioned the dijon sauce which goes well with the sausage and potatoes, but another great topping: parmesan cheese.
One Pot Chicken with Sausage and Potatoes step by step
- In a large Dutch oven or heavy pot, heat oil over medium-high. Add sausage and cook, stirring occasionally until brown all over, about 4 minutes. With a slotted spoon, transfer sausage to a dish. Season chicken on both sides with salt and pepper and add to pan, meaty side down. Cook until golden brown on both sides, 10 minutes, flipping once. Transfer chicken to dish with sausage..
- Add onion, potatoes, and celery to pot and season with salt and pepper. Cook,stirring often, until onion is soft, 3 to 5 minutes. Return sausage and chicken, meaty side up, to pot and add 1 cup water. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer until potatoes are tender and chicken is cooked through, about 20 minutes..
- Remove lid and increase heat to high; boil until liquid is reduced to 1/2 cup, 5 minutes. Transfer chicken to a platter. Add red wine vinegar and oregano to vegetables and sausage and stir to combine. With slotted spoon, transfer vegetables and sausage to platter with chicken and top with celery leaves. Transfer sauce to a gravy boat and serve alongside chicken..
Freshly grated with a microplane is the best!; While we love and I highly recommend the baby gold potatoes, baby reds will work here as well. The shallot delivers a bit more of a sweet and mild flavor, but a yellow onion will also. Everyone in my house loves Italian sausage, so it's a staple on our kitchen table whether we make sausage and peppers on the grill, toss them with pasta like this Spicy Whole Wheat Linguini with Sausage and Peppers or serve them like this, with potatoes and veggies, my favorite way to eat them!. Finding a great tasting chicken sausage alternative could be a challenge, I'm in love with. I've made sausage, green beans, and potatoes using the Instant Pot as well and it works great, too!