Sourdough Sandwich. Our bread, produce and meat products are always fresh! This sourdough bread is easily sliced with a soft crust and moist dense crumb. Sasha's Soft Sourdough Sandwich Bread Recipe: Sasha, our master baker contributor, created this sourdough recipe for her hubby.
When you think of sourdough bread, you probably envision a crusty, chewy, artisan-style loaf. But this bread, made with levain (an overnight starter based on sourdough starter) is a richly flavored, soft-textured sandwich loaf, perfect for all of your favorite sandwich fillings and for breakfast toast as well. Sourdough Sandwich Bread made with milk, butter & sourdough starter. You can cook Sourdough Sandwich using 7 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sourdough Sandwich
- It’s 6 slices of beef bologna.
- You need 6 slices of olive loaf luncheon meat.
- It’s 2 slices of American cheese.
- You need 6 slices of chopped ham luncheon meat.
- You need 3 slices of sourdough bread.
- Prepare 18 slices of dill pickle chips.
- It’s 3 teaspoon of mayonnaise.
This loaf has a soft crust, tender crumb, awesome flavor & makes a perfect sandwich. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured work surface and knead, adding more flour only as necessary to make a smooth, satiny, elastic dough. When you're ready to take your new sourdough starter for a spin, I have just the recipe. Consider this beginner loaf a bridge between regular white sandwich bread and Tartine-style artisan loaves.
Sourdough Sandwich instructions
- Add mayonnaise to three slices bread add the pickle chips and meat the bologna to one slice and the olive loaf to the other then the chopped ham split between the two add the cheese between the ham and bologna, and the olive loaf. Stack and serve. I hope you enjoy!!!.
It uses a few cups of your bubbly sourdough starter along with commercial yeast to add some extra insurance as you're getting used to working with sourdough. Easy Sourdough Sandwich Bread: Step By Step Mix the Dough. This can be done by hand or in a stand mixer- it's up to you. In a stand mixer, add the flour, butter, sugar and salt. Mix until the butter looks like crumbs.