Lemon Basil & Garlic Pasta. Check Out Lemon Basil Plants On eBay. Fill Your Cart With Color Today! Lemon and basil make a perfect pairing in cooking, but what if you could have the essence of lemon with the sweet anise flavor of basil all in one plant?
Lemon basil, hoary basil, Thai lemon basil, or Lao basil, (Ocimum × africanum) is a hybrid between basil (Ocimum basilicum) and American basil (Ocimum americanum). The herb is grown primarily in northeastern Africa and southern Asia for its fragrant lemon scent, and is used in cooking. It has white flowers in late summer to early fall. You can cook Lemon Basil & Garlic Pasta using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Lemon Basil & Garlic Pasta
- Prepare 2 boxes of penne pasta 12 or 16 oz each.
- You need 3-4 of lemons, zested and juiced to 1/2 cup.
- Prepare 6 of garlic cloves, minced.
- You need 2 cups of packed basil, cut into ribbons.
- It’s 6 Tbsp of butter, divided.
- You need 2 Tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 tsp of crushed red peppers flakes.
- You need 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese.
- You need of Salt & pepper.
Stir-Fry with Lemon Basil: Try adding a big handful of the whole leaves to a favorite stir-fry just before you take it out of the pan. The basil sets off spicy dishes, pork, seafood and most vegetables. Lemon Basil-Infused Grilled Chicken: Butterfly a chicken, rub it all over with crushed garlic, ginger and oil if you'd like. Then cover the bottom of a shallow dish with half of your big bunch.
Lemon Basil & Garlic Pasta instructions
- Bring large pot of salted water to boil to cook the pasta. Cook pasta according to directions. Save 1 cup of pasta water before draining pasta..
- While pasta cooking, zest the lemons and juice them. You need 1/2 cup of juice. Mince garlic and cut the basil into eibboma..
- In a large skillet with sides, heat on medium high and add 4 Tbsp butter and the olive oil. Add in the zest, juice and 1/2 of the basil and the crushed red pepper flakes. Stir to combine. Turn heat down to medium low until pasta is done..
- Reserve the cup of pasta water. Drain the pasta and add to skillet tossing with the garlic, lemon and basil. Add the last 2 Tbsp butter and the pasta water. Stir to make sauce. Add in the rest of the basil and Parmesan. Tossing to coat all the pasta. Adjust seasoning with the salt and pepper..
- Enjoy! You can add chicken or shrimp for something special..
Our Lemon-Basil Spritzer recipe calls for Champagne or dry sparkling wine, but you can just as easily swap in a liter of lemon-flavored seltzer water for a mocktail with major summer appeal. We kept the list of ingredients short and sweet: lemon, fresh basil leaves, our simple syrup, and your bubbly mix-in of choice. Lemon basil has a very mild anise flavor with strong notes of lemon. Seasons/Availability Lemon basil is available year-round with a peak season in the summer months. Current Facts Lemon basil is botanically known as Ocimum citriodorum and sometimes classified as Ocimum x africanum or O. americanum var. pilosum.