Fluffy Tofu pancakes (Gluten Free & Vegan). Great recipe for Fluffy Tofu pancakes (Gluten Free & Vegan). Adding tofu to you pancakes makes them fluffy even without eggs. (The texture will be slightly difference) You can make them with or without eggs, with wheat flour or with rice flour and buckwheat flour if you want to it to be. We also like to add vanilla extract to our gluten free pancake recipe to give them a little extra boost of flavor.
Using the right egg replacement (and not using flour that contains xanthan or guar gum) is essential if you want light and fluffy pancakes. Fortunately these Fluffy Vegan Pancakes are thick enough to still look darn impressive even in a short stack. A reader asked for a pancake recipe without bananas. You can have Fluffy Tofu pancakes (Gluten Free & Vegan) using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Fluffy Tofu pancakes (Gluten Free & Vegan)
- Prepare 150 g of soft tofu.
- You need 120 ml of or 1/2 cup milk.
- Prepare 1 of egg (optional).
- It’s 70 g of or 1/2 cup rice flour.
- It’s 70 g of or 1/2 cup buckwheat flour.
- It’s 2 tsp. of baking powder.
- You need 2 Tbsp. of sugar.
- It’s 2 Tbsp. of vegetable oil.
Or oil, gluten, eggs, almonds, cashews, or rice. Using a stick blender, blend together until liquid, then keep going until it turns thick and smooth, like yogurt. Stir in the oil and the rest of the milk to loosen the mixture. Have you ever had dreams of soft, fluffy and light buttermilk pancakes?
Fluffy Tofu pancakes (Gluten Free & Vegan) step by step
- Whisk tofu with milk until smooth. Add the sugar. (If you are not using eggs, you may want to add about 1/4 cup of extra milk..
- Swift rice flour, buckwheat flour and the baking powder and add it to the tofu mixture. Blend until smooth. Add the vegetable oil. (If you are using a food processor or a hand blender you can whiz all the ingredients together until smooth.).
- Heat the skillet on low heat and add 1/2 tsp. of vegetable oil to prevent the pancake from sticking..
- Drop a 2 Tablespoons of the batter, and fry on low heat for 90 to 120 sec. Turn the pancake over and heat another 90 seconds or until both sides are golden brown. If you are making larger pancakes, cover with lid as tofu pancakes takes longer to cook compared to normal pancakes..
- Serve immediately. (Can be stored in a ziplock bag in the freezer).
Well, wake up, you aren't dreaming, these are Vegan Gluten-free Buttermilk Pancakes are real. They are vegan and gluten-free, but taste amazingggg. My blog is no stranger to some amazing pancakes. In fact, some of my most popular recipes are in fact, my pancakes. Super soft, fluffy and light breakfast pancakes made with silken tofu.