Frito Pie. Stir in seasoning mix and water. In a large pot over medium heat, heat oil. Frito Chili Pie My good, basic chili recipe and one of my favorite ways to use it!
Frito pie is a dish popular in the Midwestern and Southwestern United States, whose basic ingredients are chili, cheese, and corn chips (especially Fritos). Additions can include cream cheese, salsa, refried beans, sour cream, onion, rice, or jalapeños. There are many variations and alternative names used by region. You can have Frito Pie using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Frito Pie
- Prepare 1 lb. of hamburger.
- Prepare 1 of small onion, chopped.
- Prepare 2 (15.5 oz) of cans pinto beans.
- Prepare 1 (15 oz) of can tomato sauce.
- It’s 1 (14.5 oz) of can petite diced tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 package of chili seasoning or do it yourself:.
- You need of chili powder, garlic powder, black pepper cumin.
- You need 1 bag of Frito chips.
- Prepare of Cheddar cheese and sour cream for topping.
Frito pie can be prepared in a casserole dish, but an alternate preparation can. Assemble by heating chili until warm either in a pot on the stove or in a microwave. Place corn chips in a bowl, pour over chili then top with the cheese, and onions if desired. This was a real favorite when I was a kid (yes, they had Fritos back then), and it still is.
Frito Pie instructions
- Drain the beans and tomatoes; set aside..
- Brown hamburger along with onions until thoroughly cooked; drain and return to pot..
- Add in canned ingredients and seasonings. Simmer on medium low for 5 minutes..
- Make a bed of Fritos. Top with chili mixture followed by cheese and sour cream. Enjoy!.
With the Frito-Lay Company being based in Dallas, this dish is about as Texan as you can get. Here are three of my favorite ways to make Frito pie. I also used my homemade Texas Style chili recipe that makes it even better. You can use any toppings your like and even create a "Frito Bar. Frito pie is a classic Texas recipe that's found at nearly every high football concession stand as well as in many high end restaurants.