Grandma’s Famous Menudo. Great recipe for Grandma's Famous Menudo. I confuse Filipino Menudo and Mechado all the time. Grandma says the size of the meat is smaller. (?) This one has raisins?
Grandma says the size of the meat is smaller. (?) This one has raisins? See great recipes for Bu's famous quick and healthy refried beans too! See great recipes for Menudo, Grandma's Famous Menudo too! You can cook Grandma’s Famous Menudo using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Grandma’s Famous Menudo
- Prepare 2 of tomatoes; diced.
- It’s 1 of small onion; diced.
- Prepare 5 cloves of garlic; minced.
- It’s 2 of lbs. pork butt; cut in half inch chunks.
- Prepare 3 of Yukon gold potatoes; cut in half inch chunks (same size as pork).
- Prepare of Soy sauce.
- It’s of Juice of 1 lemon.
- It’s 1 box of raisins.
- You need 1 can of beef broth.
- You need 1/2 can of tomato paste.
- It’s 1 of sliced green bell pepper.
See great recipes for Grandma's spaghetti sauce too! If you are using canned hominy, wash and soak in cold water to get rid of the "canned" taste. Add the rest of the menudo ingredients, lightly salt to taste and simmer uncovered for about an hour, until the tripe has taken on the color of the chilies and the soup is nice and thick. While water is coming to a boil cut tripe into bite size pieces.
Grandma’s Famous Menudo instructions
- Sauté the shit out of the first 3 ingredients in a pan of oil on medium heat. Tomatoes should be wilted, onions translucent, and fragrant. This takes a good 6-7 mins..
- Meanwhile, marinate the pork butt in soy sauce. Put just enough to coat all the meat. See grandpa below:.
- Add juice of half a lemon. See grandma & grandpa below:.
- Sauté in a pan of oil on med-high heat until the liquid is absorbed. Cover. See annoying sister below:.
- Cut up some potatoes in the same.5in size as the meat. Fry these up in a separate pan until slightly brown..
- Add in some black pepper, the pre-sautéed tomato onion garlic mixture (about 1.5 cups worth), and half a can of tomato paste. Sauté..
- Dump in a whole can of beef broth and simmer until the meat is tender. ~15 more mins..
- Drop in a handful of raisins, some bell pepper (not pictured).. and thassss it! Serve with a bed of white rice. Love you Grandma; thank you for the recipes 🙂 Enjoy!.
Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube. It is traditionally prepared as a family and is served at communal gatherings. It's also touted to be a cure for hangovers and is often served on New Year's Day or after a night of revelry. Menudo, or Pancita, is Mexican comfort food at its best. Menudo, or Pancita, is Mexican comfort food at its best.