Crawfish Monica / or easy crawfish pasta. Unlike Crawfish Etoufee, this rich creamy dish is so simple, with only a handful of ingredients, yet very flavorful. Some recipes get too complicated and the original Crawfish Monica recipe just didn't have all that stuff in it. Mardi Gras has arrived, and is almost over.
So with that in mind, we have decided to share one of the best Jazz Fest recipes with you. Crawfish Monica is traditionally made with rotini pasta, but you could substitute another pasta if you like. I also used frozen Louisiana crawfish from my freezer. You can cook Crawfish Monica / or easy crawfish pasta using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Crawfish Monica / or easy crawfish pasta
- You need 2 lbs of crawfish tails leave fat on if in frozen pack.
- You need of Angel hair pasta cooked I did 2 12oz packs.
- Prepare 1 quart of heavy whipping cream.
- Prepare 2 tbs of flour if you want little thick.
- It’s 2 tbs of creole season.
- It’s 2 1/2 tbs of minced garlic.
- Prepare 5 of tomatoes diced.
- Prepare 1 tbs of parsley flakes (optional).
- It’s 1 1/2 of onion chopped.
- You need of Butter a good bit.
Crawfish Monica is a spicy, creamy crawfish sauce served over pasta. Plus, it's a staple at the New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival (aka Jazz Fest). New Orleans native Charlie Andrews demonstrates on how to make Crawfish pasta. Hope you all will give this New Orleans classic a try. cook pasta according the the directions on the package.
Crawfish Monica / or easy crawfish pasta step by step
- Put about at least 5 tbs butter or I just put enough to sauté my onions down till tender.
- Once onions cooked a little add tomatoes an garlic you can peel your tomatoes if u like that I did not. Cook for at least ten minutes !.
- Add your crawfish an let cook for another 10 to 15 mins.
- Once cook add your heavy whipping cream stir in good I use a whole quart an add your seasons an let come to a hard boil once then put on a simmer if add flour or starch or not cook to your likening for about 15 to 20 mins, I added flour I like my kinda thick.
- Then it should be done I served mine on angel hair pasta !! Like we say down in Louisiana oui cest bon (that’s good).
Drain, then rinse under cool water and drain again thoroughly. Add the half-and half and creole seasoning. The music at Jazz Fest is great and all, but for some, the food — specifically, the Crawfish Monica — is really where it's at. Think eating hot, creamy, crawfish pasta in the sun is insane? Well, call us crazy, because in New Orleans, we live for the stuff under any condition.