One Pot Wonder Chicken Lo Mien. One Pot Chicken Lo Mein Recipe – Uncooked pasta, chicken, veggies, broth, and Asian seasonings are simmered together in a pot for an easy dinner recipe. One pot meals are so cool! You can simmer uncooked pasta, with some broth and veggies, and it will create an almost creamy sauce.
Just put uncooked pasta, chicken, veggies, broth, and seasoning into a pot, simmer, and it creates a yummy sauce. I made the mistake of not adding the noodles and chicken last. which meant I had to struggle to get them in the liquid. Just keep an eye on it and stir occasionally. You can cook One Pot Wonder Chicken Lo Mien using 13 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of One Pot Wonder Chicken Lo Mien
- Prepare 2 of Chicken breasts (cubed).
- You need 1 of 16 oz box of linguini or fettuccine pasta.
- Prepare 4 medium of carrots (chopped 3in pieces).
- Prepare 1 of Red bell pepper (chopped 3in pieces).
- Prepare 1 bunch of Green onion (chopped).
- Prepare 4 clove of of garlic.
- You need 1/4 cup of Soy sauce.
- It’s 1 tsp of Garlic powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of Corn starch.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Sugar.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Red pepper flakes.
- You need 4 cup of Chicken broth.
- It’s 2 tsp of Olive oil.
My dad actually used to make the best lo mein noodles for us when we were growing up. He was an awesome chef and knew how to make all of our favorite Chinese restaurant dishes. Chicken and Beef Lo Mein were a few of his specialties and a favorite weeknight dish for our family. And now my own kids are obsessed with any kind of stir fry.
One Pot Wonder Chicken Lo Mien instructions
- Add the chicken, then the pasta, then the remaining ingredients to a large stockpot and cover. Bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Stir and reduce the heat to medium-low..
- Cook covered for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cook until most of the liquid is gone and the chicken is cooked through..
- Remove lid and let rest for five minutes before serving..
Add the chicken, then the pasta, then the remaining ingredients to a large stockpot and cover. Stir and reduce to a simmer. Cook until most of the liquid is gone and the chicken is cooked through. One Pot Chicken Lo Mein is a new twist on a holiday favorite in our house – Chicken Lo Mein. My husband's family usually orders Chinese Food on Christmas Eve so that we only have to cook one meal over the holidays.