Coke Chicken Wing. Coca-cola is a good ingredient to cook with when you are making a meal with chicken wings. With a combination of soy sauce and this soft drink, you can turn your chicken wings into a savory salty. These days, when I sit down to watch my trashy Chinese soap operas , they still write in scenarios of kids requesting Coca Cola Chicken Wings from their parents in intense anticipation of a yummy meal.
I have seen the Coca Cola Chicken Wings recipe floating around for quite some time, but I've never had the nerve to try it. In addition to chicken wings, you can use coca cola to braise ribs too. However in order to make an evenly flavored and well cooked coca cola chicken wings, there are several important tips. You can have Coke Chicken Wing using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Coke Chicken Wing
- You need 10 pieces of chicken wings.
- Prepare 330 ml of Coke (do not use Diet Coke).
- You need 20 g of Ginger.
- Prepare 30 ml of soy sauce.
- Prepare 5 pieces of Garlic.
- Prepare of Chilli (optional).
- Prepare of Spring Onion (optional).
This year, without a doubt, these Coca-Cola Chicken Wings will be making an appearance. The nice thing about these wings is the sauce—an awesome mix of spicy and sweet. Since all the sugar in the sauce comes from the soda, I recommend trying to get your hands on some Mexican Coca-Cola. Place the chicken wings in a big colander in the sink and rinse with slow running water to remove any ice crystals which may be on them from the freezer.
Coke Chicken Wing instructions
- Clean the chicken wings then leave them in soy sauce and coke for 4 hours.
- Put the chicken wings in oven until the skin is crispy (you can skip this step if you prefer wings with tender skin).
- Stir fry garlic, ginger and spring onion.
- Put the soy sauce and coke along with the chicken wings into the pot. Cover and cook with medium heat for 40 minutes.
- Take out the wings, continue cook the sauce until it’s concentrated and thick. Pour the sauce on top of the chicken wings. Voilà ❤️.
This colander (affiliate) looks exactly like mine which is large enough to hold all the wings at once. Use low water pressure, don't turn the water on full force, so you won't splash chicken water all over the place. Place chicken wings in a shallow casserole dish. Season with garlic salt and onion salt. Pour the can of coke into the crockpot.