Broccoli Cheese Soup – Stove Top Recipe. In a stockpot, melt butter over medium heat. Cook onion in butter until softened. Stir in broccoli, and cover with chicken broth.
Change up the cheese you use, and either mash it in the pot or puree at the end. Add the broccoli, carrots and the sauteed onions, into the pot. Stir, add the milk and half & half. You can cook Broccoli Cheese Soup – Stove Top Recipe using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Broccoli Cheese Soup – Stove Top Recipe
- It’s 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- It’s 1 of large carrot, peeled and finely diced.
- It’s 1/2 of yellow onion, diced.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1/4 cup of unsalted butter.
- You need 1/4 cup of all purpose flour.
- It’s 2 1/2 cups of unsalted chicken or vegetable broth.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cups of milk at room temperature.
- Prepare 2 of heaping cups fresh chopped broccoli florets.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of sharp cheddar cheese, shredded + extra for topping.
- You need 1/4 cup of shredded parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of each salt, pepper.
- You need 1/4 tsp. of dried thyme.
- You need 1/8 tsp. of each dried oregano, ground nutmeg.
Melt the butter in a large Dutch oven or soup pot over medium-low heat. Creamy and delicious broccoli cheddar soup made in ONE POT on the stovetop. This soup is easy to make and full of flavor (the "secret" to this soup is in the spices!). Serve this broccoli cheddar soup recipe with this Italian Salad, Roasted Vegetables, and/or a crusty loaf of bread!
Broccoli Cheese Soup – Stove Top Recipe step by step
- Place the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Once hot, add in the carrots and onions and cook, stirring frequently, until onion is translucent…about 3-5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook a minute or so more, until fragrant. Then add in the butter and let it melt down..
- Gradually whisk in the flour in small batches. Whisk constantly until all the flour is added and incorporated. Mixture will be very thick. Allow the mix to cook for 1 minute, continuing to whisk..
- Whisk in the broth in small amounts, whisking constantly, until fully incorporated. Once all the broth is added, whisk in the milk and increase heat to med-high. Let this mixture come to a low boil..
- Once it reaches a boil, stir in the broccoli and lower the heat to med-low. Allow to simmer until the broccoli is tender…about 7-9 minutes. (If using larger sized florets, it may take longer). Then stir in the cream cheese and let that melt down into the soup..
- Stir in the seasonings and taste to see if you think it needs anything else. Then, if you'd like a less chunky soup, use an immersion blender to puree to the desired consistency. You could also use a blender or food processor in small batches, just be careful not to burn yourself..
- Remove the pan from the heat. Stir in both of the shredded cheeses until it is all melted and incorporated in. That's it, you're ready to serve!.
Great recipe for Broccoli Cheese Soup – Stove Top Recipe. This makes a tasty, quick meal. As always, it is best to shred your own cheese for this. That will ensure you get the best taste and the smoothest texture. Stir to coat broccoli with melted oleo and add salt & pepper to taste.