Plantain flower (vazhaipoo) curry. Simple step by step procedure of cleaning and cutting vazhaipoo or banana flower with tips and tricks. Use this healthy ingredient in a variety of dishes like kootu, portal, vadai. Plantain flower poriyal and vada are commonly prepared but not many make kootu with vazhaipoo.
Vazhaipoo is an excellent source of fiber. In our family all of us love plantain flower/banana flower and we include it once every week. Apart from being rich in fiber, it is said to be effective in treating excessive bleeding during menstruation. You can have Plantain flower (vazhaipoo) curry using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Plantain flower (vazhaipoo) curry
- You need 1 of plantain flower(clean well).
- It’s 1 of onion finely chopped.
- It’s 5 of green chillies, split into slices.
- You need 5 of garlic flakes chopped into slices.
- You need as required of Curry and coriander leaves.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of cooked toor dal.
- It’s 1/2 cup of grated coconut.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of turmeric powder.
- It’s 2 of red chillies.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- It’s as required of Mustard and Bengal gram for seasoning.
- Prepare 25 ml of cooking oil.
Banana Flower Curry is part of a series of recipes we're working on, to show how versatile the banana plant is and how every part of the plant is used. When we think of a banana plant, the first thing that comes to mind is the delicious banana fruit which you probably eat almost every day of the week. Plantain flower poriyal and vada are commonly prepared but not many make kootu with vazhaipoo. Plantain flower kootu is very tasty and delicious.
Plantain flower (vazhaipoo) curry step by step
- Clean well the flower and chopped into very fine and wash it well with turmeric powder and water so that raw smell goes..
- Take a pan add oil once it gets heated seasoning it with mustard then add onion green chilli garlic flakes curry and coriander leaves..
- Then add cleaned plantain flowers,salt and stir well..
- Finally, add cooked toor dal and grated coconut then close the lid and keep it for 7 minutes to cook (no need to add water) because it has some water.
- After 7 minutes fry well and transfer to bowl,it is a best side dish for lunch.
Vazhaipoo kootu is a yummy and healthy kootu that goes well with rice and phulka. Vazhaipoo Poriyal Banana Flower Stir Fry , plaintain flower curry recipe , Bachelors Cooking, banana blossom stir fry, Diabetics Corner, Fresh Banana Flower Poriyal, Healthy Recipes, how to clean and use banana flower, how to make Valaippoo Poriyal, how to take the edible part from banana flower, Kids n Infant Corner, Nitha Kitchen, Plantain flower Curry, Poriyal, Veg, வாழைப்பூ. Banana Blossom/Vazhaipoo/Mocha Curry(Bangladeshi style) #nonindian Banana flower/Banana Blossom/Plantain flower/Vazhaipoo is what we call mocha in my mother tongue. Bengali is a delicacy to have. It is rich in Vitamin C, Vitamin E and Vitamin A.