Chickpeas and Cheese Bruschetta. For the curried chickpeas, just use some canned chickpeas, boil them a little to make them soft and mushy, and saute them with some oil and Indian spices. Chickpea bruschetta with sun dried tomatoes This simple, bold and bursting with fresh flavor chickpea bruschetta will please everyone's tastes in no time. Plus, smashed chickpeas with sun-dried tomatoes make a scrumptious topping when fresh cherry tomatoes are still out of season and flavorless.
We'll be making one of the most common recipes with a bit of a twist, bruschetta with tomato, basil and chickpeas. Sprinkle with crumbled Gorgonzola or blue cheese. Pesto-Mascarpone Bruschetta: Spread toasted baguette slices with mascarpone cheese or softened cream cheese. You can cook Chickpeas and Cheese Bruschetta using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chickpeas and Cheese Bruschetta
- Prepare 1 loaf of Baguette Bread.
- You need 1/2 cup of Chole Chickpeas.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Grated Mozzarella.
- You need 1 of Green Capsicum.
- Prepare 1 of medium Onion.
- You need 12-15 of Black Olives.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of Lemon juice.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Spring Onion Greens.
- It’s 2 of Garlic pods.
- Prepare as required of Butter or Olive oil for toasting bread.
Spoon basil, spinach or sun-dried tomato pesto over cheese. Sprinkle with chopped red bell pepper and toasted pine. This Whole Grain Spaghetti with Bruschetta and Chick Peas is a quick weeknight, meatless meal. It has so many wonderful flavors including fresh tomatoes, basil, Pecorino Romano cheese and chick peas; which add another dimension of texture and added protein to the dish. ~Enjoy!
Chickpeas and Cheese Bruschetta step by step
- Soak the Chickpeas overnight. Cook them with a pinch of baking soda for 20 mins. Alternatively you can use tinned garbanzo beans. Drain the water in them and wash once. Pressure cook them with cooking soda for 5 mins..
- Mash the Chickpeas slightly, do not blend them as they should have some texture..
- Add chopped onions, capsicum, Olives, spring onion greens, salt, Italian seasoning, a tsp of olive oil and lemon juice. Mix everything well..
- Cut the garlic pod into half. Squeeze it between your fingers and apply the juice onto the roasted bread directly. This infuses great garlicky taste to the bread..
- Apply a layer of chickpea paste on the bread. Drizzle a few drops of olive oil on it. Toast it again for 2 mins..
- Add grated cheese on the toasts. Sprinkle some more seasonings on the breads. Grill the bread for another minute till the cheese starts melting..
- Enjoy the Chickpeas Cheese Bruschetta as a starter with salad or soups or as is it..
This Cucumber Chickpea Bruschetta is perfect for simple family snacking or elegant enough to serve as an appetizer at a dinner party. I'd even go so far as to say that one could have this bruschetta as a meal.. With the remaining chunkiness and their coloring, the mashed chickpeas almost look like shredded cheddar cheese, which is not a. Add in the pepper, onion and garlic once cooked and mix together. A fresh bruschetta topping combines roma tomatoes with basil, savory, thyme, and garlic.