Mashed potato spring rolls. Place potatoes in a medium pot and cover with salted water to cover potatoes by about an inch. Heat over high heat and bring to a boil. In a bowl, combine the mashed potatoes, green beans and togarashi; season with salt and pepper.
In a bowl, combine the mashed potatoes, green beans, and togarashi. These could easily be made vegan or dairy free. I mixed in green onions & bacon. You can have Mashed potato spring rolls using 5 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mashed potato spring rolls
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- You need 2 cups of mashed potstoes.
- It’s 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese.
- It’s 3 of green onions, finely sliced.
- It’s of Premade wonton wrappers.
Drain the potatoes and mash with butter, milk and sour cream. Stir in the bacon, cheese, green onion and season with salt and pepper. Wrap the front of the wrapper over the potatoes then bring each side over. Roll up and seal with a bit of water.
Mashed potato spring rolls step by step
- Add a small knob of butter to a small pan on medium heat. Add the garlic and fry for 1 minute, just long enough to take away the raw garlic bite..
- Put the garlic, mashed potatoes, cheese and green onion in a mixing bowl, along with a good pinch of salt and a good pinch of ground white pepper. Fold the mash into itself several times until everything is combined..
- Form spring rolls using the wonton wrappers, and 1 1/2 tbsp of potato mixture at a time. There are many videos online on how to wrap spring rolls properly. You should end up with about 18 rolls. Put them in a freezer for 30 minutes to set..
- Fry the spring rolls using a deep fryer or a pan with 2 in vegetable oil on medium heat. Once they're golden brown, remove them to a paper-towel lined tray to drain. Serve hot with your favourite dip (mine is chipotle mayo)..
Potato rolls are a homemade bread recipe that uses mashed potatoes. Potatoes keep the dinner rolls soft and tender. Sometimes bread dries out after a day or two, but these rolls stay soft. These have a crispy wonton outside with a creamy potato filling inside, and loaded with flavor. Serve with your favorite dip or sour cream.