Creamy Pasta Salad. Now Choose From Multiple Easy Pasta Recipes To Create That Perfect Meal. Add some grilled chicken or shrimp, and you've got the makings of a satisfying meal. What really sets a good pasta apart though is a great, creamy dressing.
This is the perfect pasta salad for parties and potlucks! Light and slightly tangy Creamy Pasta Salad, with just enough creamy dressing to coat the noodles and vegetables, this is one heck of an awesome cold pasta salad. Perfect on its own for a light meal or as a side dish for all the summer potlucks and barbecues. You can cook Creamy Pasta Salad using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Creamy Pasta Salad
- You need of Pasta Salad :.
- It’s 1/3 cup of elbow pasta, uncooked.
- You need 1/4 cup of peas (I use frozen).
- You need 1 of small carrot, peeled and shredded.
- Prepare 1 of small chicken breast, grilled and diced.
- You need 1 tbsp. of freshly shredded white cheddar cheese.
- You need of Dressing :.
- You need 1 tbsp. of mayo.
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of sour cream.
- It’s 1 tsp. of apple cider vinegar.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of honey.
- It’s To taste of salt and pepper, garlic powder.
A homemade pasta salad is better than any deli salad you can buy at the store! HOW TO MAKE CREAMY BACON BROCCOLI PASTA SALAD: Prepare pasta according to package directions. Note: A quick word about how this broccoli should be chopped up. It's helpful if you aren't real familiar with chopping up fresh broccoli.
Creamy Pasta Salad instructions
- In a smalk bowl, whisk together the mayo, sour cream, apple cider vinegar, honey and salt and pepper and garlic powder to taste. Set this aside..
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions to al dente. In the last two minutes of cook time, stir in the peas..
- Drain the pasta and peas into a colander and rinse with cold water..
- In a large bowl, mix together the pasta, peas, shredded carrot, shredded cheese and diced chicken. Pour the dressing over the top and stir it in. Taste for any additional seasoning you'd like to add..
- You can eat this immediately or you can chill in the fridge until you're ready..
We just want the top part of the broccoli here, the florets. A pretty macaroni salad has a seasoned creamy sauce made from sour cream, mayonnaise, and evaporated milk.. so I always make an extra half batch of the wet mix and add it as necessary to get the salad more wet because the pasta soaks up the sauce. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Creamy Pasta Salad I love pasta salad. It is another one of those dishes that I have no loyalty to though, so I love switching it up, different veggies, different dressing bases.