One Pot Cajun Pasta. Pour olive oil into the pot. Add diced chicken breast to the pot, cover with cajun seasoning, and stir until the chicken is evenly seasoned. How to Make One Pot Cajun Pasta.
Once the liquid is boiling, add in the pasta, and reduce heat to simmer and cover with a lid. When you need a big, easy dinner, One Pot Cajun Pasta is all that and more. This creamy Cajun sausage pasta recipe is something you'll want to return to again and again, just like New Orleans itself. You can cook One Pot Cajun Pasta using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of One Pot Cajun Pasta
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Olive Oil.
- You need 2 of Chicken Breasts, diced.
- You need 1 of Andouille Sausage.
- It’s 3 clove of Garlic.
- It’s 1/2 of Yellow Onion.
- It’s 1 of Red Pepper, sliced.
- You need 1 of Green Pepper, sliced.
- It’s 1 box of Linguine.
- You need 5 cup of Chicken Broth.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Heavy Cream.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of Shredded Parmesan Cheese.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Cajun Seasoning.
Cajun pasta with chicken and sausage makes the perfect weeknight dinner when the world won't stop its hectic pace. Add chicken broth, heavy cream, uncooked pasta, and cajun seasoning to pot and bring to a simmer. For the best consistency and results, make sure to use heavy cream versus whipping cream or light cream. Once the pot is simmering, cover and turn heat to low.
One Pot Cajun Pasta step by step
- Add olive oil to large pot. Heat on high. Add chicken and Cajun seasoning. Cook until completely cooked through..
- Add andouille sausage. Let cook while slicing onions and peppers. Stir occasionally..
- Add garlic, onion, and peppers to pot. Cook for 2-5 minutes..
- Add linguine to pot. Add chicken broth..
- Bring to a boil for 5-8 minutes..
- Bring to a simmer and add the lid..
- Add heavy cream and Parmesan. Continue to let pot simmer for 10-12 minutes or until sauce is thickened..
Dig into a bowl of this delicious spicy One Pot New Orleans Cajun Pasta – the only regret will be not having enough for seconds. Living in Canada and close proximity to the USA means I have access to some amazing food, there is such a huge selection of different cuisines that it is near impossible to get bored of the food choices when eating out. One-pot meals are my absolute favorite thing in life right now. They are incredibly easy, foolproof, and truly the perfect dinner to make after a long day of work and/or parenthood. I am determined to come up with as many one-pot pasta dishes as possible…and this cajun "chicken" pasta is my newest creation!