One Pot Cajun Pasta. Pour olive oil into the pot. Add diced chicken breast to the pot, cover with cajun seasoning, and stir until the chicken is evenly seasoned. How to Make One Pot Cajun Pasta.
Once the liquid is boiling, add in the pasta, and reduce heat to simmer and cover with a lid. When you need a big, easy dinner, One Pot Cajun Pasta is all that and more. This creamy Cajun sausage pasta recipe is something you'll want to return to again and again, just like New Orleans itself. You can have One Pot Cajun Pasta using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of One Pot Cajun Pasta
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 2 of diced chicken breasts.
- You need 8 oz of sliced andouille sausage.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 1/2 of sliced yellow onion.
- Prepare 1 of red pepper.
- Prepare 1 of green pepper.
- Prepare 2 cups of mushrooms.
- Prepare 16 oz of box of pasta (linguine).
- Prepare 5 cups of chicken broth.
- It’s 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- Prepare 1 cup of shredded Parmesan.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Cajun seasoning.
Cajun pasta with chicken and sausage makes the perfect weeknight dinner when the world won't stop its hectic pace. Add chicken broth, heavy cream, uncooked pasta, and cajun seasoning to pot and bring to a simmer. For the best consistency and results, make sure to use heavy cream versus whipping cream or light cream. Once the pot is simmering, cover and turn heat to low.
One Pot Cajun Pasta instructions
- Pour olive oil into a pot. Add diced chicken breast, cover with Cajun seasoning, and stir until chicken is evenly seasoned. Add sliced sausage and stir. Cook on medium high heat for 5-10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through..
- Once the meat is cooked, add the garlic, onion, peppers, and mushrooms and stir. Continue stirring for 3-5 minutes as the veggies cook..
- Add the dry pasta to the pot. Pour in the chicken broth. Stir until everything is well mixed. Cover and bring to a boil. Once boiling, keep covered and bring the heat down to a simmer for 10 minutes..
- Add heavy cream and Parmesan and stir until your pasta is well mixed..
Dig into a bowl of this delicious spicy One Pot New Orleans Cajun Pasta – the only regret will be not having enough for seconds. Living in Canada and close proximity to the USA means I have access to some amazing food, there is such a huge selection of different cuisines that it is near impossible to get bored of the food choices when eating out. One-pot meals are my absolute favorite thing in life right now. They are incredibly easy, foolproof, and truly the perfect dinner to make after a long day of work and/or parenthood. I am determined to come up with as many one-pot pasta dishes as possible…and this cajun "chicken" pasta is my newest creation!