Spaghetti Squash Pasta. More Top-Rated Recipes Easy Spaghetti Squash Pasta Spaghetti squash is a very popular alternative to spaghetti because it already looks just like the staple pasta. Get more veggies (and fewer calories) in your favorite comfort food recipes. Get the Longest Spaghetti Squash Noodles.
I still don't buy into the low-carb thing, because, bread. But I am a fan of eating more vegetables whenever possible. Using a pair of tongs, check the pasta. You can have Spaghetti Squash Pasta using 4 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Spaghetti Squash Pasta
- Prepare 1 of Spaghetti Squash.
- You need 1 tbsp of Olive oil.
- It’s 1 dash of Salt.
- You need 1 dash of Pepper.
Strands of baked spaghetti squash tossed with feta cheese, onions, tomatoes, olives, and basil for a Greek-inspired dish that tastes like pasta without all the calories. The Best Spaghetti Squash Pasta Sauce Recipes on Yummly In these paleo and gluten-free times, spaghetti squash is kind of having a perfect moment. It stands in heroically as a delicious, satisfying substitution for wheat pasta.
Spaghetti Squash Pasta instructions
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Place squash on cutting board. Cut ends off both sides.
- Cut squash lengthwise down the center. Very carefully! It's hard to cut.
- Scrape out insides like carving a pumpkin..
- Place squash halves face up in 9×12 roasting pan (deeper than a cookie sheet)..
- Add 1 tbsp of olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper to each half. Then rub the oil all over the inside and outside of the squash..
- Cover pan with tinfoil and place in oven for 30-40 mins (for medium squash; 20-30 mins for small squash). Check where it's at after 30 mins by sticking a fork in and seeing if it goes in easily. Cook until the rind is slightly soft or gives with a little pressure. The insides should be softer after they're cooked..
- Allow squash to cool enough that you can handle it. Scrape the spaghetti squash out with a fork. It'll look like noodles.
- Keeps well in the fridge for 3-4 days. Reheats in the microwave.
- Tastes good with red marinara sauce, ground turkey, and parmesan cheese.
It's a sensational substitute because, after cooking spaghetti squash, the fruit softens and easily pulls apart with a fork into thin, spaghetti-like ribbons. Season the spaghetti squash with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Remove from the oven and let rest until cool enough to handle. Swapping out beef for turkey and pasta for spaghetti squash makes this meal super healthy. But don't worry, it's still packed with plenty of flavor, just like a traditional bolognese.