You can cook Greek Stew using 8 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Greek Stew
- It’s 1/2 lb of Ground Lamb.
- Prepare 1 of Onion.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic.
- You need 1 of eggplant.
- Prepare 2 of yellow squash.
- It’s 3 of tomatoes.
- You need of fresh oregano and basil.
- You need 1/3 lb of Feta cheese.
Greek Stew instructions
- Here are the ingredients before cooking..
- Brown the lamb by itself. There will be a lot of fat rendered..
- Remove the lamb from the pan and put it on a paper towel lined bowl..
- Wipe out the pan to get rid of the fat but don't wash the pan. Add the onion and cook for three minutes over medium heat in a couple of teaspoons of olive oil..
- Add garlic and cooked until fragrant (about 1 min). Then add cubed eggplant and squash..
- After the squash and eggplant are browned slightly (about 5 min) add diced tomatoes and about 1/4 c water or stock. (Red wine would be good, too) And 1/2 of the fresh oregano and basil..
- Cover and cook for 5-10 minutes over medium low heat.
- Add the ground lamb and cubed feta cheese and reduce sauce by cooking with the lid off for 5 minutes.
- Finish the dish with the other half of fresh oregano and basil, salt and pepper, a few red pepper flakes, and a drizzle of your best olive oil. You can serve it over rice or pasta or have it with a couple of slices of crusty French bread to mop up the delicious broth. Enjoy!.