One Skillet Scalloped Potatoes And Ham. Spray large nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Heat over medium heat until hot. Add ham, potatoes, celery, carrot, onion and water.
In a large skillet, cook potatoes in butter until potatoes are lightly browned. Add water; bring to a boil. Meanwhile in a small bowl, combine the milk, soup mix and parsley; stir in cheese. You can cook One Skillet Scalloped Potatoes And Ham using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of One Skillet Scalloped Potatoes And Ham
- Prepare of meal.
- It’s 4 large of russet potatoes.
- Prepare 1 cup of yellow onion.
- Prepare 1 cup of corn.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of fresh parsley.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt, divided.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of freshly ground pepper, divided.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of smoked paprika.
- You need 12 oz of ham, ready cooked, sliced into 4 pieces.
- It’s 1/4 cup of shredded swiss cheese.
- It’s 2/3 cup of half and half.
- It’s 1 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of butter, cut into 4 pats.
Scalloped Potatoes and Ham Make good use of your leftover Easter ham; whip up this yummy comfort food casserole. With a salad on the side, it's a meal in itself! In a large skillet over medium heat, saute onions in the margarine. When tender add cabbage and stir.
One Skillet Scalloped Potatoes And Ham step by step
- In a large , deep skillet, heat up pan over medium heat. Add oil..
- Using a mandoline slicer on thinnest setting, cut cleaned and dried potatoes..
- Layer 1 sliced potato into pan. Sprinkle 1/4 of salt on top..
- Using mandoline slicer again slice onion. Layer half the onion over potatoes. Sprinkle half the pepper over with half the paprika. (1/8 teaspoon) and some of the parsley..
- Layer another potato and 1/4 salt..
- Spread corn over and place butter pats on top. Repeat steps with last two potatoes. Layer potatoes, salt, then onions, pepper then another layer of potatoes with salt..
- Slowly pour in half and half..
- Place ham on top of last layer. Sprinkle rest of the parsley. Cover dish and cook 15 minutes..
- After 15 minutes, uncover and top with swiss cheese and paprika, (1/8 teaspoon) Cook another 5 minutes until tender..
- Recipe by taylor68too..
Pour water over, cover and simmer gently on medium low for ten minutes. Old fashioned scalloped potatoes and ham is a great casserole for an everyday meal or potluck dinner. Layer half the onion over potatoes. Skillet Scalloped Potatoes with Ham and Peas Recipe. Cookbook author Alea says: "Scalloped potatoes are one of my favorite dishes from my childhood.