One Skillet Roast Chicken and Pier Potatoes. Great recipe for One Skillet Roast Chicken and Pier Potatoes. One pot roasted chicken and taters. My sister-in-law gave me this recipe, said she saw it on TV.
One pot roasted chicken and taters. My sister-in-law gave me this recipe, said she saw it on TV. Had to give it a try. You can cook One Skillet Roast Chicken and Pier Potatoes using 13 ingredients and 21 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of One Skillet Roast Chicken and Pier Potatoes
- You need of potatoes.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of salt, or less depending on your salt preference.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- It’s 2 lb of potatoes, peeled if you desire.
- It’s of chicken.
- You need 1 of each 4-5 pound whole chicken.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- You need 1 tbsp of lemon juice or vinegar.
- You need 1 tsp of dried thyme.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of paprika (smoked if you have it).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
I mean the potatoes cook in the chicken juices, amazing flavor. We thought the potatoes were a tad on the salty side, but we a. Clams, shrimp, mussels, and whole lobster served with cobbettes, andouille sausage, and potatoes This one-dish roast chicken with vegetables tastes as if it took hours of hands-on time to put together, but the simple ingredients can be prepped in mere minutes. The rosemary gives it a rich flavor, and the meat juices cook the veggies to perfection.
One Skillet Roast Chicken and Pier Potatoes step by step
- Put oven rack in lower middle slot. Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Peel potatoes if desired, slice into 1 inch thick slices.
- Mix potato marinade (first 3 ingredients).
- Toss potatoes in marinade.
- Heat oven proof skillet on medium heat.
- Clean chicken, remove giblets (not used in this preparation) pat chicken dry.
- Mix all chicken rub ingredients (everything after the chicken in the list).
- Place potatoes in hot skillet largest side down do not turn (we are Browning one side only), pour all potato marinade into the skillet..
- Rub chicken rub all over chicken, under the skin if you can.
- Fold wing tips under.
- Either tie the drumsticks together, or as I did here cut a small slit in the skin of the side, and put the end of the drum stick in that hole to hold it.
- Once potatoes get a slight brown to them on one side only, turn off heat.
- Place chicken on top of potatoes, breast side up.
- Place skillet in oven, roast until breast reads 165°F. About 1 hour 10 minutes for 4 pound bird, about 1 hour 30 minutes for a 5 pound bird..
- Remove skillet from oven. Place chicken on a clean plate or cutting board. Tent with foil..
- Cover potatoes in skillet, return to oven. I usually turn my oven off at this point, there is enough heat in there..
- Wait 15-20 minutes to let the chicken rest..
- Carve chicken as desired..
- Remove skillet from oven. Uncover..
- Serve potatoes with the dark side (browned side) down. They should have a soft creamy top, with a crisp or slightly chewy bottom..
- NOTE – a 12 inch skillet is ideal for this, but the only one I had oven proof over 350°F was this 10 inch cast iron. I could only fit about 1 1/2 medium potatoes on it..
It's unbelievably easy! —Sherri Melotik, Oak Creek, Wisconsin Sprinkle chicken with paprika mixture; arrange over vegetables. Remove chicken to a serving platter; keep warm. This One Pan Roasted Chicken and Vegetables is the perfect dinner for a busy night. Easy to customize and clean-up is a breeze! I had a different post planned for today but this easy dinner turned out so well that I just had to share it with you guys!