Chicken Rice One Skillet. Now Choose From Multiple Easy Chicken Recipes To Create That Perfect Meal. Weeknight style One Skillet Saucy Chicken Tortilla Enchilada Rice Bake…finished with all the toppings…of course! Mexican seasoned chicken, rice, and enchilada sauce all cooked together in one skillet, then topped with tortilla chips and plenty of cheese.
Add the celery, onions and peppers; cook until vegetables are crisp-tender. In a bowl, mix flour and seasonings; toss with chicken. In same skillet, heat remaining butter over medium-high heat. You can have Chicken Rice One Skillet using 10 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken Rice One Skillet
- It’s 2 of chicken thighs.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of uncooked rice.
- Prepare 1 of carrot, medium sized.
- It’s 2 of garlic cloves.
- Prepare 1 inch of knob of ginger.
- You need 2/3 cup of green peas, frozen.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of soy sauce.
- You need 1 of salt to taste.
- You need 1 of black pepper to taste.
- It’s 1 of water as required.
One-Pan Cheesy Chicken, Broccoli, and Rice. I'm a little late to the one-pot, one-pan party. I don't know why I've been resistant but with food trends, I'm either really early or really late to try them. This Cheesy chicken and rice recipe is cooked in one skillet with broccoli and carrots!
Chicken Rice One Skillet instructions
- Cut your chicken in bite sized pieces. Add soy sauce, mix, set aside for 15 minutes..
- Heat skillet on medium heat, add 2 tablespoons oil..
- Clean and slice or dice your garlic, ginger and carrot..
- Add your chicken to the skillet..
- When the chicken is about half done, add the carrot, stir for 2 minutes.
- Add garlic and ginger, stir for 1 minutes..
- Add rice, stir for 2 minutes.
- I was using Jasmine rice, you need to add enough water to cook the rice, plus a little more. For example i used 3 tablespoons more than the Jasmine rice called for..
- Bring water to a boil, stir, reduce heat to low, cover, simmer for 5 minutes less than your rice typically needs. My Jasmine needs 25 minutes, so i went 20 minutes.
- Add frozen peas, cover, cook last 5 minutes..
- Stir it all together, check everything is done..
This hearty dish is a family favorite and I make it often on crazy weeknights. Things I am currently obsessing over: this weather, The Handmaid's Tale, and one dish dinners. Chicken and Rice is just one of those easy, comforting meals that I love to make all year long. It is the perfect comforting casserole in the fall, warms your soul in the winter, and is easy enough that it is perfect in the summer too. Fold in the cooked brown rice, then stir in the black beans, tomato, enchilada sauce, and water.