Half-fried Tofu (MENDOAN TAHU).
You can have Half-fried Tofu (MENDOAN TAHU) using 22 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Half-fried Tofu (MENDOAN TAHU)
- Prepare 2 packs of tofu (typically 1 pack , contains 4-5 pieces), cut to taste.
- Prepare 100 gr of flour.
- Prepare 75 gr of rice flour.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of sago flour.
- You need 3 of scallions, thinly sliced.
- Prepare 2 of red chili peppers, thinly sliced.
- It’s 1 of green chili peppers, thinly sliced.
- Prepare 3 pcs of cabbage, thinly sliced.
- You need 1 tsp of bouillon powder (flavor beef/chicken, according to taste).
- Prepare 300 ml of water.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- It’s of Oil for frying.
- You need of GROUND SPICES.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 1 thumb of turmeric, toasted.
- It’s 2 pcs of candlenut.
- It’s 1 tsp of coriander.
- Prepare of SAUCE.
- It’s 3 tbsp of chili sauce.
- Prepare 2 tsp of sweet soy sauce.
- Prepare 5 of cayenne peppers (to taste), thinly sliced.
- It’s 3/4 tsp of chili powder.
Half-fried Tofu (MENDOAN TAHU) instructions
- Mix all sauce ingredients and set aside..
- Mix flour, rice flour and sago flour. Add the red peppers, green peppers, scallions and cabbage..
- Add the ground spices, bouillon powder and salt. Add water little by little into the batter, until the batter is thick or slightly diluted..
- Dip the tofu in batter, and fry briefly with the high heat of the fire. Remove and drain..
- Serve mendoan tofu with sauce, ready to accompany a relaxing time..