Teriyaki Chicken – Stovetop Recipe. Great recipe for Teriyaki Chicken – Stovetop Recipe. So much better for you than bottled teriyaki sauce. This recipe can easily be doubled, or just the sauce can be doubled if you'd like extra.
The traditional cut of chicken for teriyaki is boneless skin-on chicken legs (both the thigh and the drumstick). If you can't find whole legs where you are, skin-on chicken thighs will work just fine. When made properly, the fat renders out and the skin crisps, while keeping the meat tender and moist. You can have Teriyaki Chicken – Stovetop Recipe using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Teriyaki Chicken – Stovetop Recipe
- Prepare 1 lb. of boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces.
- You need 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- You need pinch of salt and pepper.
- It’s of Teriyaki Sauce :.
- It’s 1/4 cup of soy sauce (reduced sodium recommended).
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 2 tbsp. of honey.
- It’s 2 tbsp. of rice wine vinegar.
- It’s 2 tsp. of brown sugar.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of sesame oil.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. of ground ginger.
- You need 1 tbsp. of cornstarch.
- Prepare of Optional Garnishes :.
- Prepare of ·sesame seeds.
- Prepare of ·scallions.
Marinated Teriyaki Stovetop Chicken The weight loss surgery diet can get so boring and mundane. The idea of just chicken is not appealing, to anyone, but it is one of the best lean protein sources that yields weight loss results! Patients are often looking for ways to keep chicken moist and to keep it flavorful. … Continue reading "Marinated Teriyaki Stovetop Chicken" Our Best Chicken Teriyaki Recipes. We love a good teriyaki take-out joint—but it's even better made at home.
Teriyaki Chicken – Stovetop Recipe instructions
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the teriyaki ingredients until all are blended well. Set aside..
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Add the chicken to the skillet and season with the salt and pepper. This is also a good time to start whatever side items you'd like to serve with this dish (rice, steamed veggies, etc….).
- Cook the chicken, stirring around often, until chicken is cooked all the way through. Cook time varies depending on how big your pieces of chicken are, but it should cook relatively quickly..
- Once chicken is cooked through, pour the teriyaki sauce into the skillet and stir to cover all the chicken with the sauce..
- Bring sauce to a simmer for just a minute or two (it will thicken quickly). Once it reaches a thick, syrup-like consistency, remove skillet from heat..
- Serve garnished with sesame seeds and scallions if you'd like. I usually make jasmine rice and steamed broccoli to go with it, but serve with whatever sounds good to you!.
Grilled chicken turned out fabulous!" – jarhyshek. Chef John's Chicken Teriyaki "This is a winner. I'm going to make this recipe every week." – Suzannie. Most Made Today This Teriyaki Chicken recipe will quickly become a new favorite! In this one pan recipe, bite size chicken breasts pieces are sautéed in a skillet then coated with an easy and delicious teriyaki sauce.