Fish Tacos & Slaw with White Sauce. Well, these are the end-all be-all. Read on to see what makes these tacos so special. Easy Fish Tacos are quick & healthy with a homemade spice mix and your favorite toppings!
These Baja fish tacos are made from crispy beer-battered cod tucked into corn tortillas, topped with a. These fish tacos are the best! I've been using this recipe for years and it's just a foolproof, all around delicious recipe for fish tacos. You can have Fish Tacos & Slaw with White Sauce using 37 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Fish Tacos & Slaw with White Sauce
- Prepare of White Sauce.
- Prepare 1 of cayenne pepper (1/4 tsp-1 tsp to taste).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of plain yogurt.
- You need 1/4 cup of mayonnaise.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of lime juice (2-4 tbsp to taste).
- You need 1 of jalapeno pepper minced.
- It’s 1 tsp of minced capers.
- You need 1/2 tsp of dried oregano.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground cumin.
- You need 1/2 tsp of dill.
- You need 1 of cayenne pepper (1/4 tsp-1 tsp to taste).
- You need 1 tbsp of Tabasco Sauce (optional in place of cayenne).
- You need of Fish.
- It’s 1 lb of firm white fish (I used Tilapia).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of lime juice.
- It’s 2 clove of garlic, finely chopped.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ground cumin.
- You need 1/4 tsp of chili powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- You need 1 of salt.
- It’s 1 of ground black pepper.
- It’s of Cabbage Slaw.
- You need 1/2 head of cabbage (red or green).
- Prepare 1/4 cup of cilantro (coarsley chopped, must be fresh).
- You need 1/2 medium of red onion, thinly sliced.
- You need 1/2 medium of Mango.
- It’s 2 tbsp of lime juice.
- You need 1 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- It’s 1 of salt.
- Prepare 1 of ground black pepper.
- You need of Frying batter (if frying fish).
- Prepare 170 grams of Flour.
- It’s 1 tsp of Baking Soda.
- Prepare 250 ml of Beer.
- You need 1 of lime juice.
- It’s 1 of Salt & Pepper.
- Prepare 1 of Oil for frying (enough to fully cover fish).
Fish tacos, that great meal of the Baja Peninsula, and a taste of summer. They are simple to make, no more complicated in fact than a hamburger or a mess of pancakes, and they are considerably more. The fish for these tacos is incredibly simple to prepare. It's dredged in flour and pan-fried for a few If you, too, have never made fish tacos at home because you thought they'd be tricky to pull off, wait.
Fish Tacos & Slaw with White Sauce instructions
- Cut fish into evenly sized strips (big or small doesn't matter, as long as they fit in your tortilla). Place the fish in a dish and squeeze a lime over it (or 2 Tbsp of lime juice).
- Add the garlic, cumin, chili powder, and vegetable oil and a few dashes of salt & pepper for seasoning. Mix until marinade evenly coats the fish. Place in fridge for at least 15 minutes to marinate..
- While fish is marinating, mix together cabbage, onion, mango and cilantro in a large bowl and add 2 tbsp of lime juice..
- Drizzle 1 tbsp of oil over cabbage mixture and season with salt and pepper. Mix together and set aside for at least 15 minutes..
- For white sauce: in bowl, combine yogurt and mayonnaise. Gradually stir in lime juice until consistency is slightly runny. Season with jalapeno, capers, orageno, cumin, dill, cayenne, and salt if needed..
- Cook fish on oiled grill or pan over medium-high heat for about 2.5 minutes per side (flip once it turns white and opaque; it is done when you can flake it apart and it is opaque all the way through).
- place a piece of fish in tortilla wrap and then add slaw and white sauce. Garnish with avocado, tomatoe, and salsa if desired..
- If frying fish: Put some flour onto a plate. Dredge the fish fillets in the flour thoroughly. Measure flour, baking soda, salt and pepper into a large roomy bowl. Add the beer gradually, stop when you have a thick coating type of batter. Whisk thoroughly until it is smooth and there are no lumps. Add some lime juice if desired. Mix thoroughly again. Coat the fish fillets in batter and let the excess drip off before placing them in hot oil (about 325 Fahrenheit for 2-3 minutes)..
Our go-to Fish Tacos Recipe for entertaining! Easy, excellent fish tacos with the best fish taco Our all-time favorite Fish Tacos recipe! These are loaded with fresh ingredients and perfectly seasoned. A bad fish taco is worse than a bad chicken taco. And while most people would be turned off after multiple dismal experiences, I persevered, believing there to be better.