Taco Pie. A pre-baked crust of refrigerated crescent-roll dough is filled with a mixture of browned ground beef and taco seasoning layered with sour cream, shredded cheese, and crushed nacho chips. Bake the pie crust according to package directions. Add taco seasoning, following package directions.
Top with half the tortilla chips. Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Prepared pie crusts are baked briefly and packed with refried beans, browned ground beef, chopped onions, tortilla chips, and cheddar cheese. You can cook Taco Pie using 6 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Taco Pie
- You need 1 pound of ground beef.
- Prepare 1 package of Pillsbury crescent rolls.
- Prepare 1 cup of sour cream.
- It’s 2 cups of shredded Monterey Jack cheese.
- You need 1 cup of crushed nacho cheese Doritos.
- You need 1 packet of taco seasoning.
These are returned to the oven to finish baking. First come the corn chips, followed by the ground meat, sour cream and cheese. Then another layer of corn chips finishes the pie. It 's baked until golden, cut into slices and served with shredded lettuce and slices of avocado.
Taco Pie instructions
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Line a pie plate with the crescent rolls, pinch seams together to make your pie crust.
- Brown your beef and drain the grease.
- Add taco seasoning according to the instructions on the packet.
- Add your taco meat to the pie as the bottom layer.
- Spread a layer or sour cream on top of the beef.
- Generously cover the sour cream with a layer of shredded cheese.
- Add a layer of the crushed Doritos.
- Cover the rim of your pie plate with aluminum foil so your crust doesn’t burn.
- Bake for 20 minutes in your preheated oven.
- After the 20 minutes add another thin layer of shredded cheese and remove the foil to allow the crust to bake golden brown.
- Pop it back in the oven for 4 minutes then let it cool and serve with lettuce and salsa if you’d like.
This taco pie is a great alternative to a build-your-own taco bar. It can be made ahead of time and baked off right before the party. Just slice it up and set out some traditional toppings, buffet-style so everyone can customize. Be sure to let it stand before serving, as that's the key to everything holding together. Essentially a casserole made in a pie pan, our Taco Pie is easy to slice into wedges of delicious flavor.