Bitter Melon Salad. Today's recipe is a vegetarian salad with bitter melon, or sometimes called bitter gourd. In Japanese this vegetable is called Goya (ゴーヤ) or Nigauri (にがうり). When prepared appropriately, bitter melon can be savory and extremely appetizing, like this Chinese bitter melon salad recipe.
Drain and run cold water over the bitter melon. Squeeze water out as much as possible. The recipes for two dressings are given below, one with Filipino flavors and the other with Vietnamese flavors. You can cook Bitter Melon Salad using 7 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Bitter Melon Salad
- It’s 1 tsp of vinegar.
- You need Half of tsp sugar.
- Prepare 1 drop of sesame oil.
- You need Half of tsp finely chop ginger.
- You need of Wolfberries.
- You need 1 pc of bitter melon.
- You need of Salt.
Ampalaya Salad or Bitter Melon Salad is a simple salad composed of bitter melon (also known as bitter gourd), red onion slices, and chopped tomato. It has a simple vinaigrette made from cane. Ampalaya salad or bitter gourd salad is a very simple but a very healthy salad recipe specially for diabetics. Bitter gourd lowers blood sugar and have been a medicinal plant and food supplement for diabetics.
Bitter Melon Salad step by step
- Wash the bitter melon properly. Cut into half and remove the seed using spoon then wash again and slice. In a big bowl add water and 1 tbsp salt, soak the chopped bitter melon for at least 10 mins. After that, squeezed it and wash again..
- Then in a bowl combine all ings.Add more salt according to your taste. Serve.
When eaten raw, bitter gourd is not bitter so don't be afraid that the. The nice, clean taste of the Ampalaya would go well in a meal with Kare-Kare, for instance. Ingredients: Bitter melon is a sharp-tasting, funky looking fruit and a staple of many Asian cuisines. Bitter melon is in the gourd family, along with zucchini, cucumbers, pumpkins, and squash. It's easy to prep and takes to any number of delicious preparations like stir-fries, soups, and curries.