Grilled chicken fajitas. -Fajitas are made with strips of sauteed or grilled chicken or beef (often with onions and bell peppers). They're usually served with flour tortillas on the side and other condiments like guacamole, salsa, sour cream and/or cheese that can be rolled into the tortillas with the meat. The best Grilled Chicken Fajitas Recipe: I don't know why it took me so long to do it this way, but man these are good.
Whisk the lime, oil, garlic, salt and pepper until combined in a small bowl. Pour half of the lime mixture over the chicken; turn to coat. Made this way, your chicken will be juicy and flavorful, and dinner will be served in a matter of minutes. You can cook Grilled chicken fajitas using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Grilled chicken fajitas
- It’s 1 tablespoon of Fajita seasoning – (see my other recipe on Fajitas seasoning).
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil.
- You need 1 of fresh lime juiced.
- You need 2 lbs of boneless skinless chicken breasts.
- Prepare 1 of red bell pepper.
- Prepare 1 of green bell pepper.
- Prepare 1 of white onion.
- You need 12 of flour tortillas.
- It’s of toppings.
- Prepare of Shredded Cheese Pico de Gallo Guacamole Sour Cream Salsa Salsa Verde.
And while this method is a real time saver on weeknights, it's not the only way to make these grilled chicken fajitas. Thanks to the basting step during grilling, you can skip the long marinade without losing out on flavor. Add vegetables and grill until tender crisp. Slice the chicken, peppers, and onions into strips and serve with your favorite toppings in tender tortillas.
Grilled chicken fajitas instructions
- Filet the chicken and place in a bag or gallon size freezer bag. Season with the fajita seasoning and shake to coat. Drizzle the oil over chicken. Squeeze the lime over the chicken. Stir to combine. Let it marinate for at least 20 minutes..
- Place the chicken on the preheated grill. Grill over medium-high heat for 20 minutes until finished. cut the bell peppers into quarters and place on the grill. Slice the onions into fat rings and place on the grill.(Iam using a grill sheet).
- Grill the peppers and onions for 5 minutes or until they are to the tenderness you like. When chicken and peppers are finished, remove from the grill and slice. Place the tortillas on the grill to warm. I like to place them on the lower rack so they get beautiful grill marks on the tortillas. Assemble and serve with any of your favorite fajita toppings. Enjoy!.
- Notes- season peppers with some Olive oil and Fajita seasoning. This is just how i grill my peppers and a few other veggies. (and I change the seasoning depending on what Iam making.)… the recipe didn't call to do this, this is my own personal touch..
- (i dont like hard tortilla shells so,grill marks don't matter to me, to each their own.).
- Notes- i cut my one chicken strip in half and used it for one fajita, easier that way).
The toppings for chicken fajitas are endless! Regardless, you are going to love these chicken fajitas! Speaking of fajitas, check out my Grilled Shrimp Fajitas and these Grilled Steak Fajitas too. A LITTLE INFORMATION FOR YOU ON THE TWO DIFFERENT OREGANOS. Mexican oregano is a relative of Lemon Verbena and is native to Mexico.