Vegan banana scones. Vegan Banana Scones with just the right amount of density, flake and fluff, a delicious crust, super yum banana bread taste, toasty nuts, and an over-the-top splatter of maple glaze. Overripe bananas were made for Banana Scones. In a large bowl or bowl of food processor add flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, & spices.
I used dairy-free margarine, so these delicious banana scones are not only free from added sugar but also vegan. They have a wonderful banana flavour. Next, in a large bowl, add the flour, baking powder, ground flaxseeds, sugar and salt. You can cook Vegan banana scones using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vegan banana scones
- It’s 1-1/2 cup of bisquick flour.
- It’s 1/2 cup of cold vegan butter (sticks cut into cubes).
- You need 2 of ripe bananas.
- Prepare 4 of table spoons of caster sugar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of plant based milk (I used oatlay).
- It’s Pinch of salt.
- You need of Extra flour for working the dough.
- You need of You can always substitute any vegan ingredients forregular stuff.
Add the cold vegan butter and use a pastry cutter (or your hands if needed) until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. If adding oats, use uncontaminated brand. Coconut oil: Substitute with cold, chopped butter for an authentic scones recipe. Coconut sugar: Substitute for any other unrefined sugar, e.g. sucanat, rapadura.
Vegan banana scones step by step
- Mash the bananas and set aside. Get your flour sifted. Using your hands combine the cold butter cubes until the flour feels grainy or looks like sand. Then add the sugar and bananas, mixing well. Turn your oven to 350 degrees..
- After mixing well, add the plant based milk and work into a doughy ball adding flour if it's too sticky. After you get the firmness you like, roll your dough on a cutting board making sure to flour it first. Make sure your rolling pin is also floured. After rolling a circle of 1 inch thick cut into triangles (or whatever shape you like). Brush the scones with some milk and even sprinkle some sugar if you like..
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden. They are moist and flaky too..
I've made these healthy banana buttermilk scones with regular low-fat buttermilk, as well as this powdered buttermilk. I love keeping that powdered buttermilk on hand because it's shelf-stable, keeps for ages, and tastes just like the regular kind in my baking recipes. Support OneGreenPlanet Being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high quality content. The Best Vegan Scones Recipes on Yummly Vanilla Bean Scones With Raspberry Glaze, Coconut Scones Aka The Best Vegan Scones Ever!, Zucchini Za'atar Vegan Scones How to Make: Banana Nut Scones.