Spaghetti with fish meat balls. This easy fish meatball recipe is perfect for Lent as an appetizer or main dish with white rice or pasta. Meatballs are a great way to get kids to eat meat or fish. This Spaghetti and Meatball recipe from Delish.com proves everything is better homemade.
Spaghetti and meatballs or spaghetti with meatballs is an Italian-American dish consisting of spaghetti, tomato sauce and meatballs. This is a really great spin on traditional spaghetti and meatballs if you are having a pescatarian to dinner. The "fishballs" use the same basic flavor components, and once seared on the stove, actually resemble real meatballs. You can have Spaghetti with fish meat balls using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Spaghetti with fish meat balls
- You need 1/2 lb of white fish (i used a mix of tilapia and panga).
- You need 1 slice of White bread (crusts removed).
- It’s 2 clove of garlic.
- It’s 2 of shallot, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- It’s 1/4 cup of parsley, finely chopped.
- You need 1 can of crushed tomatoes.
- It’s 1 packages of Spaghetti.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Shredded parmesan.
- It’s dash of of salt, pepper, cayenne pepper to taste.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of olive or vegetable oil.
Cook the spaghetti the Italian way, in well-salted water. Add the meatballs and gently fry until golden brown. Now add the red wine and simmer for approximately two minutes. Spaghetti with Chicken Meatballs is easy to make and taste absolutely delicious.
Spaghetti with fish meat balls instructions
- Bring a pot of salted water to boil and cook the pasta according to the package instructions..
- For the meat balls, pulse the bread to form bread crumbs. Set aside in a bowl. Add the fish, garlic, 1/2 parsley, shallots in the processor and pulse until it is well grounded. Add this to the bowl..
- Add salt, pepper and egg to the mixture and toss it together. Form medium sized balls..
- In a skillet, heat 2 tablespoon of olive oil and brown the balls on both sides (very shallow fry) and set aside..
- For the sauce, in the same skillet saute shallots and garlic until it is soft. Add the crushed tomatoes and simmer it for 10 minutes until it is cooked..
- Season it with salt, pepper and cayenne..
- Serve pasta with spoonful of sauce and 4-5 fish meat balls per serving. Garnish with chopped parsley and parmesan..
You can serve this Meatball pasta with some garlic bread. Cook spaghetti according to manufacturers instructions. Campbell's® SpaghettiOs® with Meatballs is the perfect choice for a great-tasting main dish or filling snack at an affordable price. With no preservatives, this classic has been a family favorite for generations. Click the icon to copy the command to clipboard.