Braised Chicken, Andouille Mushroom Cream Sauce served over Orecchiette Pasta. See great recipes for Braised Chicken, Andouille Mushroom Cream Sauce served over Orecchiette Pasta too! The reserved pasta water has starch, salt, and is key in building a velvety, smooth sauce. Salt the water and add orzo pasta.
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the orecchiette and cook according to package instructions. LIGHTEN IT UP by using low fat thickened cream (eg Bulla, sold in Australia). You can cook Braised Chicken, Andouille Mushroom Cream Sauce served over Orecchiette Pasta using 23 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Braised Chicken, Andouille Mushroom Cream Sauce served over Orecchiette Pasta
- Prepare 2 ounces of egg.
- It’s 2 ounces of milk.
- Prepare 6 of each- 3 ounce chicken breast pieces.
- It’s 1 cup of flour.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of each of salt,pepper,garlic,sage and Cajun seasoning.
- You need 2 ounces of oil.
- You need 1 Pound of pasta, fresh (We used Orecchiette pasta….your choice:).
- You need 2 ounces of butter.
- It’s 2 ounces of flour.
- Prepare 1 quart of chicken stock.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of thyme.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of sage.
- Prepare 8 fluid ounces of heavy cream or half and half.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of Crystal hot sauce.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Prepare 3 ounces of andouille sausage, sliced.
- It’s 4 ounces of sliced mushrooms — sliced.
- Prepare 1/2 pint of cherry tomatoes- diced — diced or quartered.
- Prepare 4 of each scallions- whites only — finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of parsley, chopped — add to finish.
- It’s 1/4 cup of scallion greens — add to finish.
Once dissolved, mix in remaining cream. The cornstarch will act as a thickener to compensate for using light cream. BRAISED BEEF CONTADINA ~ Tender braised beef served with Italian sausage, roasted mushrooms and peppers. CHICKEN FLORENTINE ~ Lightly breaded chicken breasts served over a bed of creamed spinach and sun-dried tomatoes.
Braised Chicken, Andouille Mushroom Cream Sauce served over Orecchiette Pasta instructions
- Cook off the pasta per the directions and set aside..
- Mix the egg and milk together to make an egg wash..
- Dip the chicken into the egg wash and coat with the seasoned flour..
- Place the 2 ounces of oil in a large saute pan and brown the chicken take out and reserve for later..
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and add the flour and cook to make a blond roux 3 minutes on moderate heat..
- Gradually add the stock to the roux, stirring constantly with a whisk to prevent lumps..
- Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Add the cream the Crystal hot sauce and Worcestershire sauce..
- Simmer approximately 20 minutes..
- Saute sliced andouille sausage,mushrooms, finely dice scallions and garlic for 2 minutes then add the diced tomatoes and saute for an additional 2 minutes. Season with thyme,sage salt, pepper..
- Add the chicken and the sauce to the sauteed ingredients and simmer for 15 minutes. adjust seasonings as desired..
- Take out the chicken and toss the pasta with the sauce and the parsley and scallion greens..
CHICKEN MARSALA ~ Chicken breasts lightly floured and Welcome to the Braised Onion! We look forward to seeing you! Taste and season with salt and pepper as needed. Taste and season with salt and pepper as needed. I probably make some variation of it at least once a week because it's so dang quick and simple.