Simple Stovetop Chili. So hearty, flavorful and comforting… this Easy Stove Top Chili is ready in less than an hour!. Keywords: easy stove top chili, easy chili recipe, homemade chili, best chili recipe, stove top chili. Tag @theblondcook on Instagram and hashtag it #theblondcook.
Add the meat to the pot and brown it over medium heat. If you are adding the optional garlic, chop it up and add it to the meat and onions to cook. This simple recipe for stovetop beef chili has a lot of flavor since the onions and ground beef are cooked together creating the base of the dish. You can cook Simple Stovetop Chili using 26 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Simple Stovetop Chili
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- You need 1 lb. of ground beef (or ground turkey).
- Prepare 1/2 of onion, diced.
- It’s 1 of bell pepper, diced.
- You need 1 of jalapeno, seeds removed and finely diced (optional).
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 2 cans (8 oz.) of unsalted tomato sauce.
- Prepare 1 can (14.5 oz.) of fire roasted diced tomatoes, undrained.
- It’s 2 cans (16 oz.) of red kidney beans, drained and rinsed.
- You need 1/2 cup of unsalted chicken broth or water.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp. of chili powder.
- It’s 2 tsp. of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp. of oregano.
- You need 1 tsp. of cumin.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of onion powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of garlic powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of smoked paprika.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of salt (or more, to taste).
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. of pepper.
- You need 1 tsp. of Worcestershire sauce.
- It’s of Suggested Toppings:.
- Prepare of ·sour cream.
- You need of ·shredded cheddar cheese.
- It’s of ·oyster crackers.
- It’s of ·sliced avocado.
- Prepare of ·sriracha.
The beef absorbs some of the onion flavors, and the liquid from the onions helps keep the beef moist and tender. It might not be the most exotic chili you'll ever try, but it's a truly satisfying and tasty one-pot meal that I've actually made twice in the past two weeks. Quick Beef Chili Recipe Lower in fat than most red meat dishes and with a high fiber content thanks to the beans, this chili is a hearty meal that you can enjoy any night of the week. More chili recipes you might enjoy are Jalapeno Popper Chicken Chili , Turkey Chili Taco Soup , and Chicken Taco Chili.
Simple Stovetop Chili step by step
- In a large pot or skillet with a tight fitting lid, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onions and peppers and cook, stirring often, until the onions are translucent. Add the garlic and cook for a minute or two more, until fragrant. Then add the ground beef. Cook until it is browned throughout, breaking it up as you go. Drain out the grease, if needed..
- Increase the heat to med-high. Add the tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, kidney beans, broth, brown sugar, Worcestershire and seasonings. Stir to combine. Once it reaches a boil, cover with the lid and reduce the heat to med-low. Let simmer for at least 15 minutes, but longer if you can (it'll taste better the longer you let it simmer)..
- Serve immediately, topped with whatever toppings you'd like. Refrigerate any leftovers..
- To make this recipe in the slow cooker, brown the meat first, then place everything except the broth into the slow cooker. Cook on low for 5-6 hours..
Learn how to make hearty, comforting chili in your crockpot or on your stovetop! Definitely an award-winning chili on my score card. The best part about this chili recipe is that you can adapt it based on your preferences. If you don't want beans, skip them. If you want a chunkier chili, reduce the broth amount.