5-minute Ambrosia salad. This delicious Ambrosia Salad is so easy to make and always a big hit with kids and adults alike! Made in just one bowl, this classic dessert salad is the perfection addition to your next gathering! The Ambrosia Salad is a fun retro salad to serve to family and friends.
Ambrosia Salad is filled with mandarin oranges, pineapple, maraschino cherries, coconut, and marshmallows and mixed in a fluffy cool whip! Quick and easy side dish that can be made in minutes with ingredients that are on hand! This ambrosia salad with cool whip is just the tip of the iceberg with our upcoming fruit salad features. (update: Watergate salad is now live, do not miss What I love about this recipe is that it's minutes, I mean minutes, until its done! You can have 5-minute Ambrosia salad using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of 5-minute Ambrosia salad
- You need 8 ounces of thawed cool whip.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Greek or regular yogurt (I used honey flavored Greek).
- Prepare 1 cup of maraschino cherries halved.
- Prepare 1-11 ounce of can of mandarin oranges.
- You need 1-8 ounce of can crushed or tidbit pineapple.
- It’s 1.5 cups of mini marshmallows regular or fruit flavored.
I think it can be so stressful to have to prep meals and this ambrosia. Ambrosia Salad is a staple side dish that's been around for years! This salad is just one of those recipes that you look This salad is best after the flavors have blended and everything just comes together perfectly. You are going to love it!
5-minute Ambrosia salad step by step
- Mix yogurt and cool whip..
- Fold in pineapple, cherry halves, and marshmallows.
- Last add in the mandarin oranges as they tend to break easier. Chill for an hour before serving. Holds up to 3 days in the fridge. I serve mine with a side of graham crackers..
This ambrosia salad is a family recipe that's very dear to me. The recipe came from my Grandma and is a dish that my whole family loves, especially my Uncle Harold. He would make it every time I came to visit and called it his "special dish." We all loved it and still try to make it often. It's now one of my kid's. Ambrosia Salad – a light and refreshing fruit salad just as perfect for an everyday treat as for holidays.