EASY ONE PAN Sausage, Spinach and Rice Parmesan. Great recipe for EASY ONE PAN Sausage, Spinach and Rice Parmesan. Its back to school season and I need to come up with quick and easy yet yummy dishes for dinner so I tossed this together. I love that its all done in one pan as well.
It's almost like spinach dip, but baked. OTHER SPINACH RECIPES: Strawberry Spinach Salad; Creamy Sausage and Spinach Pasta; One-Pan Creamy Spinach and Chicken; Spinach and Feta Pizza Specifically, this luxuriously creamy one-pot pasta with sausage and spinach. Honestly, I'm not sure how I've gone so long as a food blogger without posting a one-pot pasta recipe. You can cook EASY ONE PAN Sausage, Spinach and Rice Parmesan using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of EASY ONE PAN Sausage, Spinach and Rice Parmesan
- It’s 1 lb of Italian sausage cut into bite size pieces.
- Prepare 2 box of Rice a Roni Rustic Recipes Parmesan and Romano(or 2 of your favorite boxes like butter and herb).
- Prepare 1 of Ingredients required to make Rice a Roni (mine was 2 tbsp olive oil and 1 cup milk).
- You need 1/2 cup of shredded parmesan cheese, plus 2 tbsp for topping.
- It’s 10 oz of frozen chopped spinach completely defrosted and drained well.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of light cream or half n half.
Starting with the pasta, put all the ingredients except the spinach and stock in a large pan. Pour over the veg stock and season well. Stir in the spinach until it wilts and serve with extra parmesan. And of course, the most important parts: It's loaded with flavor and it's a total breeze to make.
EASY ONE PAN Sausage, Spinach and Rice Parmesan instructions
- In a 10 inch skillet/pan that has a lid (but dont use lid yet!) cook/brown sausage completely. Drain of any grease and set aside..
- Prepare your Rice a Roni in same skillet as directions suggests. (This is when you will need the lid).
- When Rice a Roni is done, add sausage, Spinach, light cream and parmesan cheese and heat all on a low simmer for 3-5 minutes. It will thicken a bit. Garnish with additional parmesan..
The hot rice melts the cheese and warms up the spinach and garlic just enough, but still leaves both with plenty of bite. Add the broth, heavy cream, cream cheese, spices and bring to a boil. In a large nonstick skillet, add oil and heat over medium high until hot. Hence, I'm always to add to my collection of healthy one pan recipes, meals that cram all the healthy food groups you need into a single pan. This sausage and rice casserole is a prime example.