One Pan Garlic Dill And Lime Butter Chicken With Rice. GARLIC BUTTER CHICKEN AND RICE RECIPE. Nothing beats this one pot, comforting and easy chicken thigh recipe when it comes to convenience and comfort. It's how we do dinners that include the main entree and its side dish, all in just one pan.
The rice gets its flavor from the the chicken juices. Toss the chicken breast with garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Stir in lime juice, and cook over low heat until it begins to bubble. You can have One Pan Garlic Dill And Lime Butter Chicken With Rice using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of One Pan Garlic Dill And Lime Butter Chicken With Rice
- You need 5 of skinless boneless chicken thighs (you can use skin on bone in too).
- You need 2 cups of white rice.
- It’s 4 cups of chicken broth.
- It’s 1 tbs of minced garlic.
- You need 3 tbs of butter.
- You need 2 tbs of coconut oil.
- It’s 2 tsp of dill.
- It’s of salt for taste.
- You need of pepper for taste.
Continue stirring until butter becomes opaque, and sauce thickens. Add garlic and cook for an additional minute. Add the chicken broth, lime juice, black beans, tomatoes, rice, salt, and pepper and stir to combine. One Pan Chili Lime Chicken and Rice.
One Pan Garlic Dill And Lime Butter Chicken With Rice step by step
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F..
- Pat chicken dry then season. Add coconut oil to a cast iron skillet over high heat then immediately add chicken for a quick sear. About 2 minutes on each side, or until browned. See note 1:.
- Remove chicken and set to the side. Reduce heat to medium high then add the butter. Once melted add garlic cook until fragrant about a minute. Make sure to scrape up the brown bits from the pan. Pour melted butter and garlic into a bowl set to side..
- Add chicken broth. At this point you can add salt and pepper for taste. Add rice and spread it evenly.See note 2. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of the dill over the rice and broth..
- Pour the melted garlic butter over all the chicken then sprinkle the rest of dill on each chicken thigh. Place aluminum foil over the top of the cast iron skillet. Bake for 40 minutes and serve. See Note 1..
- Note 1: If using chicken thighs cook over medium high heat until brown about 4 minutes each side. Once the oil starts to sizzle add chicken and sear each side for until browned. To sear (not steam) do not overcrowd the pan. Also add 1 tsp more of the dill and an additional tsp of minced garlic. These notes are only to be used if you are using skin and bone in chicken thighs. Bake for 40-45 minutes. Note 2: Make sure to use rice that takes about 20-25 minutes to cook on the stove for this rec.
I am OBSESSED with one pan and one pot meals. The whole idea of making a main dish and a side dish all in one pan without having to worry about separate cooking times, or dirtying up a million bakeware items is kind of genius. Stir in broth, green onion greens, green chilies, lime zest, lime juice, black beans and season with salt and pepper to taste. Bone-in chicken works best in slow cookers. The bones help keep the chicken in one piece during the long cooking time.